Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   SAS Seattle to Copenhagen (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/sas-seattle-to-copenhagen-319387/)

dovima May 21st, 2003 09:38 AM

SAS Seattle to Copenhagen

Does anyone have comments about flying SAS on this route or similar US-Scandinavia routes? I'm planning a trip later this year and have never flown SAS - it's an option as a United codeshare. Opinions, anyone? Thanks.

EmilyR May 23rd, 2003 06:14 PM

I've flown SAS in the past and found it a mess, but I took this flight last summer (May) and it was great--a new plane (can't remember the type, sorry), with good food service from Seattle and newer service features like individual video screens for each seat. The seat configuration was, I believe, 2-4-2, so maybe an Airbus of some kind? I also flew United codeshare for this flight. I'd recommend it.

tweetexT May 29th, 2003 10:13 AM

The new SAS is an airbus and they advertize that they have wider seats, depicting a rhino in their bill boards. I have never flown with them so can't comment on the service

sardog10 Jul 7th, 2003 11:35 PM

Both my parents and sisters-in-law have flown that route six times in the last three years and love it. They all now actively seek to to fly SAS when they come over to visit. They've all said the service and food was much better than any American carrier they've flown and the individual video screens were great. My parents volunteered to be bumped out of Copenhagen and they were treated extremely well, both at the time and then when they used their vouchers.

cindiloowho Jul 8th, 2003 03:56 PM

SAS has a very nice service. I think you will be pleased. We have flown with them many times.

Arrietty Jul 14th, 2003 11:01 PM

I flew SAS Seattle to Copenhagen last fall. It was one of the nicest flights I've taken overseas -- very spacious coach.

relaford Sep 7th, 2003 08:05 AM

I have flown this route twice. The service, even the food, was good. On one of the flights we had a mechanical delay of 3 hours in Copenhagen but the way it was handled by SAS (including airport food vouchers) was a PR clinic that other airlines could learn from. Potential high anxiety was diffused. Didn't hear one passenger complain. The flight attendants always seem to enjoy serving passengers.

gothboots Sep 12th, 2003 11:53 AM

SAS is one of best airlines around. Have only flown them in Europe, and coach is very spacey, service superb etc.

UKUKUK Sep 15th, 2003 08:33 AM

SAS is so much better than United you will be shocked at the difference...

SCAMES Sep 16th, 2003 10:12 AM

I flew SAS, Seattle to Copenhagen, last October and loved it. Excellent service and comfortable. flights on SAS in Europe were cramped but in and out of Seattle was great. Enjoy

fromos5 Sep 16th, 2003 12:38 PM

I'm taking this route in just a few weeks. I initially chose SAS because of two reasons: 1) the price was great, 2) if you consider safety, I'd guess that the Scandinavian countries have ticked off less terrorists than the U.S. or Britian...

Since then I've read so much about how people would pick SAS over other airlines because of comfort & service. Yay! :-)

Debbie