Who needs seatbelts?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080110/..._injuries_dc_1
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...ay50kJK8gomQzg
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM

We have to strip down naked to go through security so why not just make all of the seats in economy a toilet, too. Of course, those people in First Class are special, and turbulence never occurs when they use the toilet, right?

Yes, pilots, just keep that fasten seatbelt sign on for 15 hours straight, and let the passengers figure when the best time to get up is.

On my recent flight with Air Pacific, when the fasten seatbelt sign came on, the flight attendants sat down, and it was off six minutes after take-off, and when it came on later, it stayed on for only five minutes at a time.

Professionalism, yes! but not with the U.S. airlines.

The fasten seatbelt sign is used to keep passengers out of the way of flight attendants. And on a recent flight with American, a sign in the galley said, "keep out of galley."

Who cares about DVT. One could get red wine stains on the carpet or worse yet, get in the way of the beverage cart. (Note that it is no longer a food cart)

The next time you fly, ask the flight attendant, when was the last time your head hit the ceiling.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:32 PM

I've personally seen people seriously injured by turbulence because they were not in their seats with seatbelts fastened. You're more likely to be injured in this way than you are to be bothered by DVT (if you're in normal health).

I always have my seat belt fastened when I'm seated, and I stay seated unless I have a good reason to get up (such as a visit to the toilet). I don't want broken legs, dislocated shoulders, or a concussion just because the aircraft hit some turbulence.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 02:10 PM

"The people who weren't belted in were the ones that got injured the most and those who had other people flying into them," said Harvey, who helped tend to the injured.

I always have my seatbelt fastened loosely. I can just imagine who would sue the airlines first due to an injury from turbulence if the seatbelt sign wasn't on.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM

I heard the people who got hurt were hurt by the hot coffee and tea on the beverage cart. Perhaps they should put a seatbelt on the beverage cart.

Can you imagine having the beverage cart land on your body during turbulence?

Perhaps we need a helmet law on planes?
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 07:17 AM

Typically people are hurt by impact with other objects in the aircraft, not by hot coffee. Hot coffee won't break a passenger's arm or fracture his skull.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Wally,Wally,Wally-you know not what you speak about!
First of all, I don't know who you fly with all the time that you have such negative images of US carriers but the one that I fly for actually keeps the seatbelt sign off UNLESS it is needed and only then. It is NOT on for hours(wish that it was but then we would still have to work) and even when the turbulence is horrible over the Atlantic the people are still walking around and ignoring the warnings.Worst offenders-old ladies with canes and men "who know it all and fly all the time".
As to carts and things hitting the ceiling-yes, I have been privy to that and a fellow coworker breaking her leg while it happened.
So if the light comes on-please sit down and buckle up! I don't want your pumpkin head to get crushed........