Notices

Rome Airport Terminal 3 Fire

Jul 25th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Rome Airport Terminal 3 Fire

My husband and I will be flying into Terminal 3 in Rome on September 12 with a connecting flight to Palermo in 2.5 hours. We read that Terminal 3 had a horrific fire in May and things are still a mess. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of the current situation? I believe we will be flying out of Terminal 1. Have we allowed enough time? At the time we purchased our tickets we were not aware of the problem. Thanks for any input!
Jul 26th, 2015, 11:03 AM

We flew into (from Germany) and out of (to the US) FCO last month, and they had set things up to work around the burned out facilities. You may have to walk a bit longer or take a bus to your plane but by and large things were smooth.

The one bad thing that did happen was that EasyJet cancelled our inbound flight at the very last minute, citing reduced capacity at FCO. Luckily we were able to secure seats on a Vueling flight. What airline are you flying?
Jul 26th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you much for your input. We are flying into Rome on Air France (Delta) and out of Rome to Palermo on Air France (Alitalia). Glad you were able to secure another connecting flight on Vueling. I'm interested in knowing if Vueling charged you extra at the airport for baggage, etc. We made a return reservation from Palermo to Rome on British Air (Vueling) and I was told by a BA rep two bags would be free; but I fear that info is not correct. Thanks again.
Jul 26th, 2015, 08:36 PM

I purchased checked bags when buying the Vueling tickets, no additional charge at the airport. Forget the name of the option, but it included one checked bag, a seat close to the front with extra leg room as well as early group boarding.

Search this Thread