PSA sort of - Alaska Airlines Lounge Access

May 10th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

PSA sort of - Alaska Airlines Lounge Access

If you have an Alaska Airlines credit card, access to their lounges is $25/visit through Sep 21. Can make a big difference to your comfort if you have too many hours to kill in an airport!
May 10th, 2019, 08:46 AM

Yes, I have that card. I'm not too crazy about airport lounges, though. The last time I was in one--the United lounge--the TV room was filled with guys watching golf the whole time I was there. It seems to me I just got some food and read my book at one of the tables.
May 10th, 2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pegontheroad View Post
Yes, I have that card. I'm not too crazy about airport lounges, though. The last time I was in one--the United lounge--the TV room was filled with guys watching golf the whole time I was there. It seems to me I just got some food and read my book at one of the tables.
What would you rather they watch?
May 10th, 2019, 09:05 AM

>>The last time I was in one--the United lounge--the TV room was filled with guys watching golf the whole time I was there.<<

I don't think I've ever watched TV in an airport lounge -- there are lots of other reasons to use a lounge. But if there was a big tournament on, it probably wasn't just 'guys' watching it.

The food, free beverages, showers, comfortable seating, quiet rooms, desk agents if you need help with re-booking or something - a $25 buy in is definitely a bargain if the layover is more than a couple of hours.
May 10th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Was able to buy DH in at that price, and on his own he ate and drank enough to make it well worth the total price; for me, the quiet and comfort was key.