Air Travel Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcements:
  • Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Dec 4, 17 at 08:03 PM
  • New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Nov 29, 17 at 08:01 PM
View all Air Travel activity »
  1. 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681 :7208 CONTACTSBCGLOBAL Techh care
  2. 2 Cheap Flights to Honolulu | Last Minute Flights to Honolulu
  3. 3 Cheap Flights to Philadelphia | Last Minute Flights to Philadelphia
  4. 4 RyanAir Carry-On
  5. 5 Air Berlin is Kaput
  6. 6 Trip Report Very bad experience in AMS
  7. 7 Are you planning to fly AA in December?
  8. 8 FLY DOMESTICALLY WITH NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY??
  9. 9 traveling thru Sal Salvador airport with quick layover
  10. 10 OK to Book via United's U.K. site--& What Happened to 1-Way Bookings?
  11. 11 Trip Report So lucky on Lufthansa
  12. 12 Carry on question.
  13. 13 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
  14. 14 IBERIA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
  15. 15 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
  16. 16 Is $746.00 a good deal to Europe Round-Trip?
  17. 17 Delta JFK connection 1H40M from Inter'l to Domestic. Do-able?
  18. 18 Layover time in Los Angeles
  19. 19 LH bid for Premium Economy
  20. 20 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
  21. 21 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
  22. 22 Changing Airlines at EWR
  23. 23 A horror story about Justfly
  24. 24 WOW bargain not so "wow"
  25. 25 AerLingus exit row
View next 25 » Back to the top

Potential Trip Cancellation Help

Jump to last reply

Hey guys,

I will try to keep this brief. Basically, my family of four have a trip booked to Greece from 7/9-7/24. I booked this months ago on Expedia from JFK-SKG on Lufthansa as though JFK is not my home airport we found an amazing deal which was well worth going through JFK rather than Boston which is two hours less to get to for us.

As luck would have it, my 2 yr old son has contracted a virus (not to go into too much detail, but involving major diarrhea, etc). We meet with the doctor in the morning to see what will happen.

However, I wanted to ask what the best course of action would be if we did have to cancel our trip. We paid about $830 ticket when I booked back in February, of course you won't find anything near that to fly to Greece anytime this summer.

My question is how much are the charges if we changed the dates of our flights? I know that there is a rebooking fee of $250 per ticket, but does anyone know if there are other charges generally slapped on to that rebooking fee? In other words would it make more sense to just cancel the trip and try to recoup the money from the insurance we purchased? Or would it be more worthwhile to just rebook and take the hit with the rebooking fees?

Tickets to Greece from either BOS or JFK to either ATH or SKG will undoubtedly be now almost doubled what we originally paid and I know I won't get exact answers until I go through the process, however I was hoping you guys could guide with some general help through your experience.

Thanks for your time.

3 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement