Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Paying with miles on Delta (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/paying-with-miles-on-delta-806872/)

Barbara_in_FL Sep 19th, 2009 03:30 PM

Paying with miles on Delta

I recently upgraded my American Express card to be able to "pay wtih miles" on Delta. After repeated attemps to use their website and get through to customer service I am still not able to use that feature, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong (because I cannnot get a live person to help me). I have been on hold for ten minutes as I write because a customer "service" representative told me I needed to speak to their special website support group, and no one there is answering. Has anyone else used this and/or had trouble with the website? My profile lists the card but when I click on "pay with miles" I do not get that option anywhere. I am really put out with both Delta and American Express at this point because already the flights for the weekend I need have booked and/or gone up in price, just in the two days I've been struggling with it.

gail Sep 19th, 2009 04:11 PM

while I am not sure that I completely understand your question, you need to have a FF account to use Delta FF miles - have you set up these miles to be transferred to such account and do you have enough miles for such a flight - or am I missing something in your explanation.

Barbara_in_FL Sep 19th, 2009 06:34 PM

Yes, I have a Skymiles (FF) account with Delta and have been transferring miles to it for years. The problem is computers that apparently won't talk to each other. Amex is saying that they have done everything they need to do for me to pay with miles. Delta is saying they don't have my account information. Each keeps telling me to call the other back. I wish I lived somewhere with other airline options, but Delta is the biggest player at our local airport (one of only two). I guess now that I know the problem is with Delta I just need to keep calling them. Which in my book ranks up there with dental work for sheer enjoyment.

CarolA Sep 19th, 2009 07:05 PM

When are you "not getting that option"? You have to get all the way to the pay screen I think, clicking on it earlier will just give you "info" but not the option to book.

you might do better to try asking on www.flyertalk.com on the Delta board. More Delta volume there.

I tried to book and see what I got just as a test, but I am in a Hampton Inn with the WORLD'S WORST INTERNET and can't make it work.

gail Sep 20th, 2009 06:51 AM

Barbara - try United phone customer non-service number if you think Delta is bad. It is like dental work without novacaine.

CarolA Sep 20th, 2009 09:44 AM

OK I was successful this morning in booking another ticket on Delta. The "Pay with miles" option is only good AFTER you pick both flights. Is that where you are getting the issue? Once you flights show, down at the bottom should be a "pay with miles box" with kind of a drop down menu showing how many miles you can use for each ticket.

Good luck!