Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris Orly: check-in with Transavia at the airport

Jun 7th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Hi !
Flying out of Paris Orly with Transavia, is the check in at the airport counter free of charges or do they charge some fees ? I ask this because I will not have access to a computer with printer within the 24 hour prior of the flight so I have to do it at the airport. Some low cost airlines like Ryanair charge at the airport if not already checked-in online in advance with the A4 paper boarding pass. thanks.
Jun 11th, 2014, 03:01 AM

It is normally free with Transavia, at least in the Netherlands.
You can probably check in online and print your boarding pass at the airport.
Jun 11th, 2014, 03:07 AM

Just checked the website and you can check in free at Orly. The check in starts 3 hours and 50 minutes before departure and closes 50 minutes before. Get there early if you want to be sure of good seats, and to be together if more than one is travelling.

If you have an iPhone or Android device there is a Transavia app. I don't know if it allows you to check in and save your boarding pass though.
Jun 11th, 2014, 06:06 AM

The Transavia website states that you can do online check in and save your boarding pass. You can email the boarding pass to yourself as a pdf and swipe the bar code to get airside. Or, when you arrive at the airport, you can get it printed at bag drop. FYI Some low cost carriers eg Easyjet, do not have any check in desks at any airport.
Jun 12th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

Hi thanks a lot to all of you !

When we flew with easyJet and Ryanair we did check-in in advance and had boarding passes already printed for all flights. Actually only my wife and my kid daughter are flying and she is not very familiar with mobile phone check-in process. Ryanair allows online check in even weeks in advance but Transavia only from 24 hours prior to the flight. I think they will go earlier at the airport doing check-in there.
Jun 12th, 2014, 04:37 AM

Can't you just check them in on a normal desktop and get them to collect the BPs from the airport? It's a better bet than not checking in until getting to the airport.