Orlando to Seattle; Fairbanks to Orlando

Mar 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Orlando to Seattle; Fairbanks to Orlando

We are going to Seattle from Orlando on July 3 and return from Fairbanks to Orlando on July 18th. Does anyone have any helpful hints or advise? What is the best airline? Should I go ahead and book now or hope air fares will do down.
Thanks in advance
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Highly doubtful that prices will go down; you're probably too late for the cheapest fares as it is.

Look at $650 - $750 for the total cost, plus the return (FAI-MCO) will probably involve an overnight flight due to stops en route and the time change.

Frankly I'd go for Alaska Airline's nonstop service to Seattle from Orlando, and I'd buy a round trip, then a one-way flight from FAI to SEA. Together, the combined fares are almost the same as the "openjaw" alternative (MCO-SEA//FAI-MCO) but you could overnight in Seattle coming back (plenty of affordable hotels near the airport) and take a day flight home to Orlando, rather than "sleeping" on a plane. Just an idea.

As for the "best" airline, it's a matter of schedules and taste in my opinion. Nothing is too much fun in coach.
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:37 AM

I purchased my ticket from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando to Seattle on the Delta website. I'm flying from Orlando to Seattle on Alaska Air. It was cheaper that way.

Search this Thread