Opinions on USAir to london?

May 5th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Stephen

Opinions on USAir to london?

Flying to London in two weeks via Usair out of Philly. Can anyone please give me input on what the flight will be like? including any goodies or is it just the basics. Whats the foos like?

May 6th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Peter

1. They use airbus 330 aircraft which are great 2. They lost our luggage on our last trip and it was over a week before it turned up - they were arrogant when dealing with this but eventually compsenated 3. Service was North American in style (mediocre) 4. Whats a foo ? I never saw one/any. Are they usually included in the ticket price ?

May 6th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Stephen

OOPS! I meant food. I was wondering if you got dinner, breakfst, and was it any good?
Gotta go now, gotta brush up on my typing skills!
Steve

May 16th, 2001, 12:23 PM
Ishoo

Flew USAir to Paris and Rome. Both trips were noneventful and satisfying. No problem but we don't check luggage. In March, returning from Paris was the only time they weighed our carry-ons. I don't know if this is just in Paris or just the person that checked us in.

Jun 8th, 2001, 08:01 AM
chuck

My wife & I just flew between Charlotte and London on USAir. I concur with the previous post: the Airbus 330 is great! Seats are in a 2-4-2 configuration, and our seats were nicely contoured with good lumbar support. Also, the head rest bends forward in a "U" shape which is nice (the headrest tends to slip back to its original position however). The plane was noticeably quieter than Boeing's I've flown. Each seat has its own entertainment system with a small screen built into the back of the seat ahead of you. You get a good selection of movies, tv, music. And you can pause or restart the movies, watch as many as you like. Movie selection on our flight included: Miss Congeniality, Traffic, Proof of Life, Men of Honor, Billy Elliot, Thirteen Days, and Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon. TV included Friends and Seinfeld.

We were served dinner & snack on each flight. We are vegetarians and the airline did a good job with our special meals--nothing to write home about, but the grilled vegetables & rice (to London) and the vegetable lasagna (to Charlotte) were decent. The fruit cup on each flight was surprisingly good quality. Wine selection in economy class was cheap California and French, but you can get sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, merlot or cabernet--and of course it's free (or rather included in the price of your ticket). Decent service by the attendents. All in all very close to the best economy class transatlantic filght in the business (British Airways of course).

Jun 8th, 2001, 08:03 AM
chuck

Oops, I meant to include one gripe about the airbus 330 in my previous post. The space under seats for luggage storage is greatly reduced (at least in the right side two seats we were in--Row 27). We had to stow even a small backpack overhead.