Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Nov 1 Flight Exeter, UK to Paris CDG on Flybe – Shld I worry?

Aug 29th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

We are booked on a flight from Exeter UK to Paris CDG on Friday, November 1, the first day, theoretically, after Brexit. We booked the flight months ago, thinking the issue would have been settled. I am in a slight panic as to what is or isn’t going to happen on that day. What are the chances of us making it to Paris on that date? My husband (and UK family) think I am panicking unnecessarily.

I know we have two significant things against us: potential Brexit chaos, as well as general Flybe unreliability. We will be visiting family on the southcoast of the UK, so Exeter was the best option.

We are Americans with American passports. We are also UK Registered Travelers. Should we have a Plan B? If yes what should that be? If there is flight chaos, there will be train/chunnel chaos as well. I am not sure what to do, besides be extra good house guests with our family in case we need to extend our stay, but we really want to make this trip to Paris. Our flight back to the US is from CDG in mi-Nov. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.
Aug 29th, 2019, 03:09 PM

>>My husband (and UK family) think I am panicking unnecessarily.<<

^^^ this

You are Americans so your eligibility for entering the UK and/or Schengen isn't affected.

IMO your bigger issue is flyBe -- I've booked flyBe three times but only flown them twice . . . the other flight was cancelled. But since your flight out of CDG isn't til later 2 weeks later -- I wouldn't sweat anything. If flyBe does cancel that flight, you can fly out the next day or whenever.
Aug 30th, 2019, 06:22 AM

I don't really understand what you are worried about. Believe it or not, people fly into CDG all the time from countries that are not in the EU. It may mean more time at passport control. I don't have an EU passport and somehow I have survived.
Aug 30th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

I should have articulated my concerns better. Flybe reliability aside, I am more worried about ALL UK to EU flights in chaos because of new flight regulations or system-wide technology issues beginning on Nov 1, the first post-Brexit day.

I think everyone is right and I am worrying unnecessarily. If there are systems issues, we'll deal with it. I should probably concentrate on important things like making sure I have rain boots for walks in the British countryside.

Thank you, Janis and Christina.
Aug 30th, 2019, 04:57 PM

>>I am more worried about ALL UK to EU flights in chaos because of new flight regulations or system-wide technology issues beginning on Nov 1, the first post-Brexit day. <<

There isn't going to be any 'new technology' on Nov 1 . . . Relax