Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Norwegian Air won't refund for my cancelled flight!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, thank you all for your help in planning our London trip. We had a bump in the middle, when I had to come back to the US for a few days to help my family, and had my flight from Gatwick cancelled. It was problematic because I couldn't get home until 24 hours later on tortuous connecting flights. Now I am trying to get a refund for the double amount I paid for the replacement ticket and the EU E600 compensation for delayed flights. I have completed all Norwegian Air paperwork, with no reply, no comments, no refund or compensation.

Do you have a suggestion for the next step I can take? It has been 6 weeks since the cancellation flight -- It was handled so badly at the airport, flight was leaving around noon and didn't get a cancel announcement until 10pm! Just fed up and want it to be over. I was happy to find what I thought was a less expensive flight to London, but it turned out to be much more expensive! Any insight appreciated.
Old Jul 14th, 2018, 02:04 PM

Have you contacted them since your paperwork was completed six weeks ago?
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Hi Diane, yes, I did try again online. They have a weird system, where the refund request goes on one form and is assigned a case number, and the expenses are on another form, etc. And when you try to amend or refer to one of those forms later, you get another number. It's a great bureaucracy where there's no urgency to respond to queries.

So I have passed the 6 week point, and am getting organized to call them. I'm pretty ticked off so want to wait for a more relaxed moment. I have contested the original flight cost with my credit card company and am utilizing my insurance trip delay as much as I can. I have booked three other family trips this past month, that all would have been less expensive on Norwegian Air, but am afraid to give them my business. I was reading that besides many of their planes having flaws, that it is expected they will be bankrupt by the end of the summer, so obviously would rather book with a more reliable carrier.

I will write back if I ever get any results.
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look for good advice on elliott.org
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 12:16 AM

write your story on social media with the company name #tag and then share it with your friends and make it viral. I am definitely sure they will consider it.