Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

No suffix on passport but will be on airline ticket. Traveling from LAX to Costa Rica

No suffix on passport but will be on airline ticket. Traveling from LAX to Costa Rica

Old Jan 12th, 2020, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Hello we are traveling to Costa Rica in April. I just booked the tickets. My son and husband have the same name. My son is designated as a II on his birth certificate. It is however never been on any of his passports. In order to book through Alaska Airlines I had to list the II on the reservation so that there were not two people same name on the reservation. We fly frequently and our usual ways around this issue didnít work ( I normally list husband with middle initial and son with full middle name) Anyway, if itís not on his passport is it going to be a problem? I know things are supposed to match first name/last name but I didnít know about suffixes
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 09:11 PM

No, will not be a problem. Other things like date of birth will distinguish the two.