Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Need help with delta codeshares (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/need-help-with-delta-codeshares-1009757/)

Yocastabarrett Mar 27th, 2014 09:25 PM

Need help with delta codeshares

Im looking to book flights with delta from mia to cdg and fco to mia in business class

Delta has non stop flight from mia to cdg on codeshare airfrance. And returning from fco to mia on codeshare alitalia. All non stop

Question if i pick my seat assignment on dleta how can i make sure its confirmed with airfrance and alitalia? Or will it be guarenteed?

Ive never done codeshare i want to avoid any problems should i just book directly with airfrance? If i do ill have a 4 hour connection in cdg on the way back

Or should i nook directly with delta ? But i would ha e connection both ways instead of non stop

Any advise ease to avoid a possible codeshare headache

Yocastabarrett Mar 27th, 2014 09:27 PM

Sorry for the misspellings using my phone screen not the best

NoFlyZone Mar 28th, 2014 09:06 AM

Book on delta.com if they have the flights and price you want. But doing seat selection there doesn't work well at all.

So after booking, go to the AF and AZ websites for your seat selection.

Yocastabarrett Mar 28th, 2014 09:26 AM

Perfect thank you and im assuming delta will give me the correct co firmation for each airline right?

Ive read bad reviews about booking with codeshares got me a bit concerned
Were booking in business just want to make sure af and az dont change our seats just because we booked through delta but the flights are so convientant for us

JoanneH Mar 28th, 2014 09:44 AM

The delta end should be ok on the other hand Air AirI is a total crap shoot. I have flown with AirI several times Rome to LAX and its either decent service and food or flights form hell lacking food, service and seldom on time, which in my case several times had ended up with missed connections and hassle getting re-booked onward.

NoFlyZone Mar 28th, 2014 11:15 AM

Delta will give you the ticket numbers which you use on the AF website for seat selection. I believe for AZ you will have to call.

Although the chances of being moved out of business are extremely remote (so don't even worry about it), note that seat selection is never guaranteed so there is a slim possibility your seats can be moved.

I've never heard of Air Airl but AZ is not bad, especially in business class.

Yocastabarrett Mar 28th, 2014 01:04 PM

JoanneH- Are tou referring to air france?

Yocastabarrett Mar 28th, 2014 01:07 PM

Noflyzone- the flights are on AF and AZ but there direct each way no connectio s which i guess would save me the hassle of missed connections . I ha e seen descent reviews of the busi ess class on AF and AZ

Yocastabarrett Mar 28th, 2014 04:16 PM

Wait AZ is alitalia right?

Cowboy1968 Mar 29th, 2014 04:11 PM

Last time I booked a codeshare flight operated by Delta under its AF flight # on the KL website, the confirmation came with three different confirmation codes (the six-digit alpha-numeric conf. number), for DL, AF and KL respectively - but not very well displayed within the whole text of the confirmation e-mail.
After I had discovered the three different confirmation numbers, it was no problem to go to Delta's website for seat selection using the DL confirmation code to log in.

Yocastabarrett Mar 29th, 2014 08:19 PM

Did you also have to confirm the same seats on airfrance website as well?? Just to make sure they do t switch it

Cowboy1968 Mar 29th, 2014 08:44 PM

No - I did the seat selection and shopping for extras (paying extra for eco comfort) just on the website of the operating airline. But after I had completed my seat reservations on Delta's (which operated my flights) website, I got an updated itinerary by mail from Air France (where I bought the ticket).
Sounds more confusing than it was.

Yocastabarrett Mar 29th, 2014 09:01 PM

Thanks im trying to book business class for my mom and i keep reading in forums of people booking on delta and travelling with af but af switching there seats etc i know seats are not guarenteed but if were paying extra for buisness i dont want them to mess up my moms seats

Cali Mar 29th, 2014 10:26 PM

We have booked business class seats on Delta for flights on Air France several times and have never had problems with the seat selection being changed. I do go to the Air France site and pick my seat selection there.

Yocastabarrett Mar 30th, 2014 05:02 AM

Thank you i did a dumy booking on delta and delta lets you boom the seats on there website but ill probably end up checking af wensite as well to make sure they have my seats etc