Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Melbourne Airport scores no points at all!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/melbourne-airport-scores-no-points-at-all-912418/)

golfernz1 Nov 16th, 2011 07:16 PM

Melbourne Airport scores no points at all!!

I flew on Air New Zealand to Melbourne last saturday. When we landed captain was told to wait because the gate was not prepared for us yet, this even though we arrived on time. Aircraft was parked some distance away until told 30 MINUTES later to approach the gate and to park. The sign came on to get up and prepare to leave the aircraft, everyone got their bags together and we were standing in the aisles ready to go. But wait there's more, we were left standing for over 20 minutes, whilst Melbourne Airport stuffed around doing goodness knows what to the gate until we finally disembarked. In the meantime of course people were getting particularly stressed and to Air New Zealand's detriment they did not announce to the passengers except in the first five minutes as to why we were left standing waiting to get off for so long. The whole episode should not have happened and the reasons were not fully explained to us.
On heading to the Skybus I asked where the bathroom was to be told there were none at that end of the building but that I would have to go upstairs again or walk to the far end. How ridiculous not to have bathrooms at both ends of the arrivals area.
To top this off when leaving Melbourne and arriving by coach at the airport there are no signs outside to say which airlines departure from which areas or where the checkin desks are, you have to read the departure board but you could be at the wrong end of the building. Some indication outside would be helpful.
In my opinion Melbourne Airport totally sucks. Get your act together.

wally34949 Nov 16th, 2011 10:36 PM

You are flying into the wrong. Melbourne airport. Try MLB next time in Florida.

qwovadis Nov 17th, 2011 04:48 AM

"Grudge Post" typical to little useful purpose.

File a complaint that will get nowhere with the airport

or better suck it up and vote with your wallet

for another airport next time...

There are far worse airports than MEL

qwovadis Nov 17th, 2011 04:51 AM

this is a real delay be grateful yours were trivial..

JetBlue Airways and American Airlines left passengers on planes for seven hours during snowy weather. The delays happened on October 29 at Bradley International Airport in Connecticut. Mosley said that data about delays in the area will be available early next month.

huddoshols Nov 22nd, 2011 12:40 PM

Just in case you are in Mel a/port again, golfernz1, there is a toilet about 30 sec walk from the Skybus departure. Just face the terminal and it is left. Also about 1 min walk as you come out of INT arrivals,to the left.

pat Dec 1st, 2011 09:19 AM

This same kind of thing happened to me at Dallas/Ft Worth, only we waited longer than that as not gate was available. I missed my connecting flight, even though we landed early.