Last minuteTicketing?Where

Oct 26th, 2002, 03:05 AM
susan

Last minuteTicketing?Where

Message: We are expecting our first grandchild and want to fly to Denver from New England as soon as the labor begins. What is the best search engine site for last minute trips? I try using ficticious dates and most fares are about $1,800 ! Is it better to fly standby?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 26th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Barbara

There are no standby fares. Try Priceline.com. They often have cheap short notice fares.

Oct 26th, 2002, 06:17 AM
George

Another thought. Try a travel agent, they may have cheap short term fares from consolidators. At the very least, it'll give you some idea of how much to bid on Priceline.

Oct 26th, 2002, 06:17 AM
AA

Another one to try is www.hotwire.com
Good Luck!

Oct 26th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Michael/LAX

Try America West Airlines at americawest.com. They have very low fares not requiring a Sat-night stay and walk-up fares are up to 60% less than most other carriers. Your trip would involve a plane change in Columbus, Ohio. Very user-friendly.

Oct 26th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Jason

Hmm....Columbus?Ohio? to Denver?Not seeing on AmericaWest except thru PHOENIX.So maybe not AW's website.Where in new England are you?Maybe the previous poster was thinking AmericanTransAir(ATA).That wud be an alternative with a change in Chicago Midway airport.

Oct 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Mel P

I'm with some of the others, that you should try Priceline when the time comes. When my parents had to go to California for my grandfather's funeral at last minute, fares were $1250+ each, we got them out on Priceline for $630 each. One other alternative if you can fly out of Burlington, Vermont is Jet Blue, would have to connect through JFK but I just punched in 10/28 depart, 11/5 return and got $887 for two, incl. taxes. Believe the Jet Blue maximum fare each way is $299, so they are good for last minute stuff, plus I think they sometimes discount for two people traveling together.