KLM or USAIR for economy class to Edinburgh

Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

KLM or USAIR for economy class to Edinburgh

flying to edinburgh this summer. Any idea which airline, USair or KLM would have the best seats in economy?
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:25 AM

From where are you flying?
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

atl
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM

If you are flying ATL-AMS-EDI, then one flight appears to be on a KLM plane, but there is also a flight on a Delta plane during the summer. Both are A330s and both are pretty comfortable planes. I mean, it is still coach, but this is a pretty good plane with both airlines. However, KLM has some pretty awful planes, especially the 747s.

Since I think that both Delta and KLM are better than USAir and, because this is on a good plane, I would say that KLM (or Delta) would be the best option. Besides, I don't see any way to get there on USAir with less than 2 stops, which is a pain.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

I agree about the extra stop on USAir. Thanks for the input
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM

laxatl, what kind of prices are you seeing? We are looking at about $1400 from Charlotte to Edinburgh and I would seriously consider driving to Atlanta if the price is better.
Mar 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM

flew USAir in summer a year ago. planes' interiors in poor condition. service poor. advised us in terminal to buy water before we boarded. no complimentary water or drinks. return flight too late from venice to philadelphia - offered to put us up in hotel in newark,NJ . will not fly this airlines again if there is any other choice.
Mar 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM

If USAir is flying its Airbus 330s (2-4-2 seating) on that route it should be fine, but its older single-aisle aircraft are a drag for that long a flight. I've made about a dozen crossings in the Airbuses and advise that you choose a seat no further back than row 30; the seats in the last 6 or so rows are quite cramped but the rest of coach is, well, normal coach. Flights have mostly been on time or early, but when one was significantly late, they revised my onward itin at the time of check-in for the late flight. Beverages were served regularly by mostly pleasant crew (food is blah). You'll find good days and bad on any airline if you fly enough.