Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Just curious.... (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/just-curious-630178/)

mjz Jul 11th, 2006 01:33 PM

Just curious....

before you rip my head off, this has nothing to do with airlines. However, this is the board I most frequently read on Fodors.com.

What do you frequent posters do for a living? The reason I ask is that some folks post many times through out the day. If you feel it's not my business, then no need to post. I'm just curious....

I'm a National Account Executive for a technology/business outsourcing corporation.

Carrybean Jul 11th, 2006 04:00 PM

I'm general manager of 4 stores in the Caribbean. Before that I was in hotel management.

Carrybean Jul 11th, 2006 04:01 PM

Meant to add, I never post at work or even read the internet.

AAFrequentFlyer Jul 11th, 2006 04:06 PM

When not on the road, I work out of my house and I'm on line "almost" 24/7, so it's not a big deal for me to "check in" with Fodors or Flyertalk every so often....

lynnejoel1015 Jul 11th, 2006 06:22 PM

i always wonder that, too! i never have time at work to do anything but work :( hehe, so almost all my posts are done when i'm home for the evening, waiting for hubby to get home, drinkin' a beer or a glass of wine to unwind. ahhhhh.....

lynnejoel1015 Jul 11th, 2006 06:22 PM

duh, sorry, i fundraise for public radio

JAGIRL Jul 12th, 2006 07:37 AM

lawyer.

FainaAgain Jul 12th, 2006 07:54 AM

I wonder how people find time to check-in from home... hmm... 95% of my posts come from work.

JaGirl, shh... they are watching us! ;)

Ackislander Jul 12th, 2006 08:12 AM

I'm in the same situation as AAFrequentFlyer. I usually check in after breakfast or just before lunch, then late in the afternoon, but the computer is online 24/7, so any time I need a break from what I am doing, these lists are one of the things I do.

AnnMarie_C Jul 12th, 2006 09:35 AM

JAGIRL, I knew I liked you for a reason--my best friend is a lawyer. :-)

I am a 43 y/o gainfully unemployed humanoid still trying to figure out what to be when I grow up. Thankfully, I have a very understanding husband. :-D

JAGIRL Jul 12th, 2006 11:11 AM

I'm still trying to figure out if I'll ever grow up! Therefore, thus and hence, I can't tackle what I want to be yet. :))

I check in from work too. I'm always online doing research or e-mail or whatever...and my computer is always on. I multitask like a robot! So every now and then when I'm on the phone I'll go surfing... :)
Plus Fodor's is a wealth of info for travel ideas.

<i><font color="green">Faina...you know...I kind of felt like someone was watching me you know...just couldn't shake that nagging feeling... </font></i>

FainaAgain Jul 12th, 2006 11:23 AM

All right, let me make it easier for everybody.

Who is not an accountant, not a lawyer, or not an accountant working in a law firm (me) raise your hand.

AnselmAdorne Jul 12th, 2006 12:14 PM

&quot;Who is not an accountant, not a lawyer, or not an accountant working in a law firm (me) raise your hand.&quot;

LOL. I have my hand in the air.

Happily retired.

Anselm

inthechips2 Jul 12th, 2006 12:29 PM

My hand is up too, but USED TO work FOR law firms (temp paralegal).

Now own a biz with husband, 14 years and growing. Work at home ... at least my part of it ;)

jamaltay Jul 12th, 2006 12:47 PM

Also retired.....:-D

MABEL......bring me another beer((B))......!

8-)

JaneB Jul 12th, 2006 01:32 PM

Sorry... CPA... but retired! :):):)

simpsonc510 Jul 12th, 2006 02:44 PM

Retired teacher, but DH and I have also owned our own business for nearly 30 years. So I'm retired from teaching, but not retired from WORK!!

Carol

Statia Jul 13th, 2006 04:48 AM

I'm in the oil shipping business and like JAGIRL, do a lot of multi-tasking. So, I'm usually logged in all day and manage to check posts in between doing a multitude of other things online.

Faina, I also have more time to post from work than home. ;)

emd Jul 13th, 2006 08:00 AM

I am self-employed, an independent legal nurse consultant for many years, doing medical-legal work (there's that &quot;L&quot; word again- but hey, it gives me good $$ to travel with, so I am NOT complaining).

I work at a home office most of the time, and when I am not working at home I am traveling for work or pleasure.

I do a lot of medical record reviewing to figure out cases and try to settle them, and I can only do so much of it without taking a break. Usually when I take a break I check fodors a few times a day, esp. if I am planning trips like I am now (to NYC w/my daughter and then to Peru w/my son).

I don't think I could ever go back to work for someone else; at least it would be extrememly difficult to do so. I am very fortunate to work for myself.

El_Swainer Jul 13th, 2006 09:10 AM

Private Eye