JFK to Tbilisi on Aeroflot

Dec 7th, 2018, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

JFK to Tbilisi on Aeroflot

We are thinking of flying JFK to Tbilisi on Aeroflot and wonder if we can reserve our seat before we check in. We flew Aeroflot about 5 years ago to Moscow, and remember we were not able to reserve our set until we got to the airport and checked in there. Wondering if it's the same now.
Dec 7th, 2018, 09:33 AM

The answers you need are on the Aeroflot website. It states that seat selection upon purchasing your ticket is unavailable for economy saver tickets. It also says that you can check in online 24 hours before departure, print your own boarding pass. You no longer need to check in at the airport.
Dec 7th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Ah, I wonder if the no need to check in at the airport is OK upon leaving also. I also wonder, if when checking in, you can also choose your seats if not an economy saver ticket.
Dec 7th, 2018, 01:32 PM

Can't help with the question, I flew Turkish Istanbul to Batumi and then went overland, but cool that you are going to Georgia! Hope there will be a TR.
Dec 8th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Got the information I need. Now thinking that since I would be stopping in Moscow I (actually we) should spend a few days there. Been twice before and I love Moscow although not sure if hubby would be OK with it because of the political situation. Trump/Putin. But frankly, I don't see that that would affect us as tourists. Maybe I'm naive.

Anyway, thursdays- you stopped in Batumi. Where did you go from there?
Dec 8th, 2018, 07:29 AM

I traveled west to east across Georgia, with a loop south. My TR starts here (links at the top of the page):

https://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com...ttered-batumi/

I know that Tbilisi has changed a good bit since I was there - lot of new building.
Dec 9th, 2018, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

thursdaysd - When did you go? What year and season? Frankly it sounds like it was pretty disappointing!
Dec 9th, 2018, 03:47 PM

Second half of September into October, 2009. The year after the Russian invasion and seizure of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

Overall I enjoyed Georgia. Batumi was a disappointment, and Vardzia would have been much better with better weather. And of course, I was disappointed not to get up to the northern mountains because of my eye problems. I would be happy to go back, and I thought it was an excellent budget destination. Of course, my style of travel for that trip was maybe not what a lot of Fodorites would sign up for. There were really no/few good mid-range accommodation options then, and high end only in places like Batumi and Tbilisi, but I expect things have improved by now.

Search this Thread