One Way Rome - DFW -Help!

Old Dec 16th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Way Rome - DFW -Help!

We are taking a repositioning cruise from the US to Rome. We plan to stay in Rome for 10 days or so and then fly back. The prices are terrible for one-way!
Any suggestions? We can go with the cruise air - but we are routed through NW which we've heard is not comfortable. My husband is big and tall - we prefer AA because of "more room". We don't have enough FF miles to upgrade this time so it has to be coach.
Would appreciate any help - The discount sites that I have tried won't accept a "FROM" outside the US. I must be doing something wrong.
The date to fly back is late May to early June - we are flexible if the price is better.
Thanks.
Carol
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 09:25 AM
P_M

Expedia will allow you to start outside the US. I checked the one-way fares and they are about double the round-trip price, so why not buy and round-trip and not use the return flight? Be sure to schedule the return flight (the one you're not using) as a mid-week so the fare will be lower. I've known others who did this before and strange as it may sound, it is cheaper.

I don't know your exact date, but I priced a RT fare from FCO to DFW on Expedia, dates are 5/25 from FCO to DFW with the bogus return to FCO on 6/7. Fare is $678.96 on AA.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 09:36 AM
P_M

I just checked aa.com and it's a little cheaper to book with them than orbitz.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 11:03 AM

NW is fine, especially if you find a flight that is on the their new A330, instead of the old DC-10. In fact, NW's 330 has better video system for coach than most airlines; and the seat is as comfortable as most. Yes, AA still has more room throughout coach for now, but I will not spend significantly more than what you can pay for NW.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information.

I thought I had tried Expedia and got that message but I'll certainly try again. That sounds great.

And the NW flight we are booked on is 65 out of Rome and it is a DC-10 - I had read that they were cramped and loud - good to know about the new A330's.