Is this a good price for RT London to Rome?

Jul 27th, 2001, 06:51 PM
ellen

Is this a good price for RT London to Rome?

BA and Alitalia are now asking for $165 round=trip London to Rome in October. Should I grab it now? It sounds reasonable. Does anyone with experience flying within Europe think it will drop? Thanks.

Jul 28th, 2001, 03:04 AM
princesspudding

Sounds pretty good to me... wouldn't have thought the fare would drop much below that. Have you checked out the GO website for a possible lower price?

Jul 28th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Don

Virgin Express is $145US roundtrip currently (tax incl.), midweek LHR-FCO. This is their earliest flight each way, and connects at Brussels. If BA offers better flight times, I'd go for them instead since BA will be nonstop. Go is about $24 cheaper than Virgin Express; Go uses Stansted and Ciampino airports.

Jul 28th, 2001, 06:56 AM
ellen

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about GO. I'll check it out, but I think that the BA direct at $165 sounds pretty good, especially since I will be landing at Gatwick from the US.

Aug 4th, 2001, 03:25 AM
PrincessPudding

Take the Gatwick connection. GO actually fly from London-Stanstead which is in Essex, well to the North of London so you would not want to haul yourself up there after a transatlantic flight! Enjoy Rome!

Aug 7th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Kay

I find lots of specific helpful advice on Europe fares at eurotrip.com

Aug 10th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Marge

BA are now quoting 100 (roughly $130)for this route so yes prices have fallen

I got this route for 50(about $75) at Easter using GO(they are a much better airline than BA and use fantastic Champino(?) airport but they may not be an option for you .

Ba will always try to charge Americans booking abroad that little bit extra.