short introcuction (my first post here : I am 36 years old and have lived in the USA for 7 years now. I am originally from Finland and have done 3 trips to Sri Lanka in the past (1999, 2001 and 2005). I would love to go back with my husband and son somewhere in the future. However, flying from the USA rather than Europe IS expensive! The cheapest tickets from the East coast of USA to Sri Lanka are $1350... multiply that with 3 (or 4 if we had another child?) and the budget is blown....
Are there any tricks to get cheaper tickets? Such as fly to some main city in Europe and get cheap tickets from there? Or is it downright impossible to get to SL with less than $1350? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Transat vs Air Canada..which one ?
- 2 Air China? EVA? Business Class
- 3 US border preclearance
- 4 Are you planning to fly AA in December?
- 5 How Many Passport Pages?
- 6 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 7 RyanAir Carry-On
- 8 FLY DOMESTICALLY WITH NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY??
- 9 Air Berlin is Kaput
- 10 Very bad experience in AMS
- 11 traveling thru Sal Salvador airport with quick layover
- 12 OK to Book via United's U.K. site--& What Happened to 1-Way Bookings?
- 13 So lucky on Lufthansa
- 14 Carry on question.
- 15 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 16 IBERIA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
- 17 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 18 Is $746.00 a good deal to Europe Round-Trip?
- 19 Delta JFK connection 1H40M from Inter'l to Domestic. Do-able?
- 20 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 21 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 22 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 23 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 24 A horror story about Justfly
- 25 WOW bargain not so "wow"