Search

Asiana to Manila

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:09 AM
minette

Asiana to Manila

I'm trying to book a flight to Manila in late April and it seems the cheapest flight available on the dates I need is Asiana (It's $400 cheaper than Northwest for two roundtrip and Northwest is fully booked). I'm not familiar with this airline. Do you know anything of its service and safety record? And how to I find out about its safety record? <BR>Thanks

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:28 PM
Carson

minette:<BR><BR>I do not have direct personal experience with Asiana, but a close friend who travels frequently to China for business has used them from L.A. to HK (via Seoul) and had decent things to say. I should qualify by saying he was flying in Business.<BR><BR>Check the following site for airline safety stats:<BR><BR>http://www.airsafe.com/<BR>http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/asiana.htm<BR><BR>best of luck.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:58 PM
minette

Thanks a lot. I'll check the site.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:11 AM
John

I flew them a few years ago from NYC to Tokyo via Seoul. They are great. It is a Korean airline but is not well known. Korean Air, the Korean flag carrier, is well known for its atrocious safety record.<BR><BR>I flew in economy and was fine. The food is better than on most US airlines (but it is Asian). The music and movies were geared more to a Korean audience but this was not a problem due to the cost saving. There were only about three non-Koreans on the flight in economy and at times the flight was very funny - the stewardesses get everyone doing neck stretching execrcises and all sorts!<BR><BR>I checked saftey on the internet and could not find anything bad about them. However, I understand an Asiana cargo plane crashed at Stanstead airport (UK)a couple of years ago. I guess if you call the Air Traffic Users Council they can tell you about safety or point you to someone who can.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:37 PM
Kathy

Be happy that NW is fully booked. GO ASIANA!! I've flown NW to China.....so-so. And I've also flown Asiana to Bangkok.......wonderful!