Notices

Int. min time for connection @ ORD

Jan 25th, 2015, 02:11 AM
Original Poster

Int. min time for connection @ ORD

Flying in from MAD, I have a 3 Hr connection @ ORD en route to SAT, arriving T5, is that enough time considering customs and inmigration?
Jan 25th, 2015, 02:35 AM

If you have already bought the ticket, it is a bit too late to ask.

If it is on one ticket, the airline would not sell you a connection that is unlikely to work as they will be left with the problem of rebooking you should the arrival flight be late and you miss your connection.

If it is on two separate tickets and you miss the connection, for example, if the flight into ORD is late, you will be on your own to sort out the next flight i.e. you will have to pay to be rebooked.

3 hours is plenty of time to connect, assuming all goes well with the arrival flight.

Depending on your nationality and/or ESTA status, you could use the automated passport kiosks on arrival, rather than line up to be processed by an immigration agent. This makes immigration much faster, unless you try to use it when you are not eligible, then you go to the back of the line.

Customs can be a nightmare in my experience, very long lines.
Jan 25th, 2015, 09:29 AM

You should be fine, but probably won't have time to dawdle. You'll arrive in Terminal 5 and after you pass border inspection and claim your luggage, you'll leave the arrivals hall. Between the first and second sets of doors, you'll find counters for all the airlines.

Drop your bag at the counter and if you won't make your connection, the agents there will rebook you on the next flight. Then, head upstairs and take the tram to T3 for American or T1-2 for United.

Search this Thread