Notices

Immigration Check Query.

Sep 5th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Immigration Check Query.

I have booked flight from Nuremburg -Munich (Germany)- Mumbai (India).

Where my immigration check will happen ? In Nuremburg or in Munich ?

If immigration check happens in Munich , I have transit period of 40 mins in Munich. Is it possible to complete immigration check and flight change in 40 mins ?
Sep 5th, 2016, 08:40 AM

If you are on one ticket (meaning you bought a ticket Nurnberg-Mumbay and 'happen' to switch planes at Muenchen), immigration should happen in Nurnberg and you stay in 'transit' zone in Muenchen.

If you are not on one ticket, you must for sure go through immigeration at Muenchen. And 40 min seems way too short a time, because it means you must deplane, get your luggage then go to entry and immigration. I wouldn't risk it myself.

Now Nurnberg is not a big airport (long time no be) so maybe even on one ticket you may have to redo it at Muenchen.

Ask your airline.
Sep 6th, 2016, 09:40 AM

You go through immigration in Mumbai. At Munich you will go through exit checks.
Sep 9th, 2016, 09:42 PM
J62

I don't see any way you will go through immigration an Nurnberg or Munich - you are not entering any country at either of them.

Nurnberg to Munich is a domestic flight - no immigration or emigration. At Munich you will go through emigration - leaving Germany, and at Mumbai through immigration - entering India.

If this is all on one airline, eg Lufthansa (does not matter if one ticket or not), then the airline likely will ask to see your airport checkin at Nurnberg.

Search this Thread