Delta comfort seats-int'l

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 02:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for book a seat for my tall daughter but have read some not so great reviews- anyone have a good experience in Delta Comfort seats? Her ticket is bought with miles so trying to decide if it's really worth the extra bucks...
Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 05:04 AM

I flew Delta Economy Comfort to Venice a couple of years ago, and I don't think they've changed the offering that much. It's still not true premium economy. Just a slightly improved seat with more legroom and a few perks. (However, they are now calling it Comfort+, so perhaps they've added something I'm not seeing ... other than dedicated bin space, I'm just not seeing anything.)

To me, it would come down to cost. It was a rather minimal cost for me (around $100 I think). If it were more, I'm not sure it would be worth it. But the service changes after mid-May, so perhaps it's really being improved? I suspect it's just a ploy to charge more for the same thing by adding the dedicated bins.
Old Mar 24th, 2016, 07:15 AM

Every time I fly Delta I use it for international. The only difference I see from coach seats is the extra leg room.
I have not gotten priority boarding like they say. In fact it is the worst boarding because you are in the front of coach you board last.
But I do love it for the extra leg room. And to me it is worth the extra 100.00 or so.
Old Mar 27th, 2016, 11:30 PM

I think you should.. Few of my friends have tried it.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 06:10 AM

My mother -- in her 80s and rather tiny -- purchased a econ+ seat because she finds flying overnight to Europe so uncomfortable.

The seat next to her was given as a free upgrade to a regular economy passenger who got lucky ... and proceeded to "manspread" his way across the Atlantic, lifting the armrest for the duration of the flight, putting his foot where only my mom's ought to have been, etc.

She, of course, said nothing.

Oh. You only wanted to read good experiences. Sorry.
Old Mar 29th, 2016, 10:22 AM

pavot - That is not good, but I wonder why your mother didn't say anything (at least to a flight attendant), or just ask the man to return the armrest to its default position. Obviously, she was uncomfortable enough to tell you about it.

I realize she is elderly. I am going to be elderly in far fewer years than I wish to acknowledge, and I am not planning on suffering in silence in such a situation.
Old Mar 29th, 2016, 11:44 AM

I'm glad to hear it, scdreamer! I hope it never happens to you, but please do speak up if it does.

There isn't a good reason for her not to have said anything, either during or after the flight, beyond the usual, "I didn't want to make a fuss."

When I'm in my 80s ... well, look out, that's all.
Old Mar 29th, 2016, 12:03 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>or just ask the man to return the armrest to its default position.<<

I wouldn't ask. Except when someone has left the seat to go to the restroom or walk around the cabin -- then I leave the arm rest up to make it easier for him/her to get back in the seat. But otherwise <u>I</u> lower it.
Old Mar 30th, 2016, 07:43 AM

We have flown Delta Comfort+ and have mixed experiences. On an Air France code share between LAX and CDG it was a good experience on an A 380. Extra room, more comfortable seats. On our return from Venice through JFK the first plane was fine but the second one was an old plane (has ashtrays in the armrests) and the only difference we could detect was perhaps a little more legroom. When we got home DH successfully battled for a refund of the additional cost on that leg. We have booked Delta Comfort + on another code share this spring, this time with Virgin Atlantic, and hope it will be similar to the Air France code share.
Old Mar 30th, 2016, 08:24 AM

Scootoir, Air France doesn't provide Comfort+. They have Premium Economy which is a different product, significantly better, and more expensive, than C+.
Old Apr 1st, 2016, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the clarification NoFlyZone. We learned our lesson and will be more careful about the code shares with other airlines.