Hotel Voucher Layover in Singapore - Help!

Apr 16th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Voucher Layover in Singapore - Help!

Hi!
I am travelling Sydney-Singapore-Vancouver. My layover in Singapore is over 12 hours long, during the night. They have attached some kind of hotel voucher on it. Has anyone received this before? How does it work? They will hold a room for me for sure? Or do I have to tell them I will use the voucher? I don't want to be stuck in Singapore without a room to sleep in. I was going to reserve one at the airport hotel, but as I am getting one free now, I surely want to use it!
Thanks for your help in telling me how these vouchers usually work.
Apr 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Maybe I should add it was given to me with my plane ticket by the airline.
Apr 16th, 2004, 07:54 PM

I'd call the airline and ask how it works.

I would guess that it's for the onsite transit hotel (there's one in each terminal)which you can actually use without going out thru security.

You can find a lot of information about SIN at www.changi.airport.com.sg

Apr 16th, 2004, 11:39 PM

It may well be the airport hotel but if you are economy it will probably be one a little further away(ie cheaper). Someone should be meeting you at Singapore to take you to your destinataion. However, there should be instructions on what to do so I would phone.
Apr 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM

As others have said call Singapore Airlines and ask them. I am guessing that they might tell you to proceed after customs to the SQ 'Visit Singapore' Desk in Arrivals , or, it could be the in-terminal transit hotel, anyhow you need to call them to ask them what you have to do.
Apr 19th, 2004, 01:23 PM

Be sure to pack some toilet articles and a change of clothes in a carry on bag as you will not be able to get to checked luggage as you don't clear immigration or customs when checking into the transit hotel. The SIN airport website allows you to access the hotel's info.
Marylin
Apr 19th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! As it isn't before September, I'm leaving tomorrow on a holiday, so I guess I'll call Singapore airlines when I return.
Take care!