Credit card that allows access to AA club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to fly in and out of an airport that has an American Airline club. Often I get to the airport early. I am not flying American, but I understand there is a card that allows access to the AA Club. A friend of mine recently got the Citi/Advantage Executive World Elite MC and said it doesn't matter which airline you fly. However, when I contacted Citi, they said you have to be flying American.

Does anyone know if this is true or do you know of a card that allows access? When I realize these cards are very pricy, I was thinking about getting rid of my other couple of cards that give me AA points.

Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 7th, 2015, 07:32 AM

The card that you're asking about is the Citi AAdvantage Executive card. It costs $450/year, and it includes membership in the Admirals Club. Membership in the Admirals Club lets you enter any Admirals Club, regardless whether or not you're flying on AA. However, at some airports, you might not be able to access the terminal that includes the Admirals Club unless you've got a boarding pass for a departure in that area.
Old Jun 7th, 2015, 08:08 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You can buy a one-day pass to the Admirals Club for $50 . . . But since most are airside, you would have to have a boarding pass for the same terminal to get through security.
Old Jun 7th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks DonTopaz for the info. I fly a lot between Austin, Texas and DFW which both have easy access to the Admirals Club. I can't think of a place I regularly fly that doesn't have access to to the Club.
Old Jun 7th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Yeah, I found several places that wouldn't work that I go to frequently…JFK!

I know about the one day pass, but since I'm there at least every month or sometimes more often, it would make more sense to get a card that would allow me access.
Old Jun 14th, 2015, 04:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree since a new annual membership costs $500 (unless you are an American elite level member); otherwise you could get a 30-day membership for $99 but if you are only using them once a month or so then get the card.