I'm flying home in a couple days, and I'm wondering about the best way to carry a very fragile souvenir back. Thing is, it's in a box that won't fit in either my checked bag (which I wouldn't put it in anyway) or my carry-on (which is a laptop bag). I was thinking of either taking a plastic shopping bag or getting one of those "reusable/green" shopping bags and putting both my camera bag and the souvenir box in it. Would they let that pass at the airport? Or do you recommend I get a get a "legit" backpack or large purse of some kind?
(FYI, both the souvenir box and camera bag will fit under the seat; I'm concerned about the airline considering them as two separate "personal items" and not allowing them both, so I figured I'd find a way to stuff them in one bag. I was also considering just carrying the souvenir box, but I was afraid of it getting dropped. I thought it would be easier to carry inside another bag.)
Any ideas? Should I just cough up the money for a backpack or large purse (I figured that would be a waste because I'd never use it again)?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://www.guidemehealth.com/clarity-x/
- 2 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 3 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 4 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 5 A horror story about Justfly
- 6 WOW bargain not so "wow"
- 7 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 8 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 9 AerLingus exit row
- 10 Global Entry application status question
- 11 CDG
- 12 Which option
- 13 First travel
- 14 Changing AA flight date
- 15 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
- 16 Scott's Cheap Flights
- 17 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 18 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 19 Narita or Haneda from LAX?
- 20 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 21 Round trip ticket - but skipping return flight
- 22 Flying to Montego Bay, need help with connecting flights?
- 23 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 24 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 25 United or Air France? (Business class)