forty five minute connection in Dulles

Nov 6th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

forty five minute connection in Dulles

Changing from USAIRWAYS Express to COPA. Is that too tight?
Nov 6th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

COPA leg will be international depature
Nov 6th, 2013, 09:55 AM
J62

Since both US Airways and COPA are star alliance, I'm assuming you'll be able to check-in to your final destination from your origin which means you won't need to claim and recheck bags, or checkin on COPA.

But, I would never do a 45min connection on purpose, domestic or international. You have to ask yourself how you will get to your destination if you miss the connecting flight. The airline will be responsible for getting you there, but if the next possible flight is a day later, does that matter to you?
Nov 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM

I agree in general with J62. However, I have made tight connections, you just never know. See if you can find out which gates USAIrways Express generally flies into. Do the same for Copa. I think USAir Express flies into gate Z and you can take the moving walkway to the A or B terminals from where Copa may fly. If that is the case, it will be tight, but you should make it assuming you arrive on time. Hopefully you will be seated near the front of your USAir flight. Signage is pretty good at IAD, but maybe look at a terminal map and familiarize yourself with where you will need to get to.

If you can get a longer connection time, I'd go for that. Otherwise, plan to move quickly!
Nov 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

There is a late afternoon flight on COPA if we miss the connection. USAIRWAYS booked us this way and said it is generally enough time. We will check our luggage straight thru so it is just us to get to the next flight. Thanks for the advice.

Search this Thread