Flying United International

Feb 18th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Flying United International

I fly international quite often and have always flown Thai Airways. The service on the plane was wonderful. I then had to switch to Northwest and the service was OK. Now I am being told my next 14 hour flight will be on United.

How's the service?
Feb 19th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Terrible compared to Thai. I flew it once to China from NY and they ran out of water 2 1/2 hours into flight. I've heard service in business is a bit better but definitely not on a par with the asian airlines.
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:57 AM
tmh

sheetal: Ask you company if they have a relationship with United. Often airlines will match a customer's FF status of another airline and you could enjoy some perks.
Feb 20th, 2005, 02:16 PM

I've flown United economy internationally several times to Asia, South America, and Europe, and they are just fine. If you are enrolled in the Thai Airways FF program then you can get credit for the miles flown on United because they both are Star Alliance members.

If you are a Star Alliance Gold member then you will (almost certainly) be able to use the United Red Carpet Club when flying United internationally. Also, you would be able to use the Star Gold check in lines and get priority boarding. The miles you fly on United will count towards elite status on Thai. Be sure to give them your Thai FF number and keep your boarding passes and receipts.
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
xFA

I have flown United between LA and Australia a few times and the service has always been very good. I've never flown Thai, but I have flown Singapore, Lufthansa, Austrian & Qantas. The entertainment system is not as good as Singapore, but the service and the food was the best (lots of delicious junk food).