Has anyone flown with Croatia Airline?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me about their experience with them? Also Has anyone have taken the early flight from DBV to CDG?

I have a 6:25AM flight from DBV to CDG.At what time should I arrive at the airport?CheapAir told me to get there 3 hours earlier which I would never do ..Usually when I fly Vueling the norm is at least 60 minutes.

Grazie in advance for any informations about that airline
.Ciao,
AnnaMaria
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM

Ciao AnnaMaria,

My partner an I flew Croatia Airlines several years ago from Split to Dusseldorf, Germany and had a fine experience. They fly fairly new aircraft; we flew on an Airbus 319 if I recall correctly. I remember being served a small meal that was tasty. Our flight also an early morning flight and it departed on-time and also arrived punctually. We would not hesitate to fly them again.

We showed up two hours prior to departure and found that it was excessive. According to their website:
http://www.croatiaairlines.com/en/nb...3/Default.aspx
they recommend checking in 120 minutes before departure and have a deadline for check-in of 45 minutes before departure.

You can do web check-in starting 23 hours before departure, so that is what I would do. (I would plan on being there 90 minutes before departure in case my taxi or bus were delayed.)
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank You misterfluss..My accomodations are near the old Gate and I do have a local driver to take us to the airport.At what time I should leave my quarters considering that my flight leaves at 6:25AM?

Also..this question is about another flight. Departing Venice,arriving to Vienna ,change plane ,flying with Croatia Air to Dubrovnik.

Are you familiar with Vienna Airport?Is very Big? I have only 35 minutes to switch planes from the Austrian Airline to Croatia air for our flight to Dubrovnik.
For what I have heard both airlines depart from the same terminal.
I hope that our flight from Venice will depart on time..otherwise we will in trouble..

Luckily I have flight insurance but never used it before and dont have the vaguest idea of what do with it.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 11:55 PM

Ciao ancora AnnaMaria,

Sorry it has been a while since I checked this posting. As I mentioned in my response, we had a good experience on Croatia Airlines going from Split to Dusseldorf. We didn't depart from Dubrovnik airport; we left via a ferry from the port.

According to wikitravel (http://wikitravel.org/en/Dubrovnik) buses leave for the airport 2 hours before each international departure. In your case, since you have a local driver, you may be able to leave a little later.

We have been to Vienna Airport, but only to depart. It seemed small but very well organized. According to the Vienna Airport website, the minimum connecting time between Star Alliance flights is 25 minutes, so you have an extra 10 minutes. (I do understand your concern though.)

If you have a delay and both flights are booked on a single ticket, then the airline should book you on the next available flight.
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks misterfuss...I hope that Austrian airline depart on time..Never been to Croatia before and I am looking forward to visit that country.
ciao,
AnnaMaria
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 09:47 AM

Croatia Air is a good airline. The only problem that I have had with them is luggage check in. The lines are long and unorganized with perhaps two employees checking baggage and people. For a 6AM flight - I would be there by 5:00 AM the absolute latest. Dubrovnik is a very busy HUB
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM

S to the connection from Austrian Air to Croatia Air as long as your bags are checked through from your departure gate - there should be little problems except for the potetnially disorganized lines I wrote about earlier.