flying premium economy on air france

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone flown premium economy on Air France to Paris from LAX?
Can you share your experiences with me?
Is it worth the extra money in terms of seat comfort?
thank you for your help
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 04:32 AM

seatguru.com seatexpert.com have done AF and BA

1/3 bigger more comfy 2 abreast worth it for

price for me...

airlinequality.com Air France light years better than BA

they do not rip folks off with massive fake "fuel" surcharges

Happy deciding!
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 07:09 AM

I have not flown in premium economy with AF. I think it's not worth it for me.
Try to read other Air France reviews from other travelers on airlinequality.com or on this other site: http://www.airlikes.com/airlines-rev...france-reviews
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Just flew AF premium economy from Paris to Joburg. It is a good product. A big step up from coach in terms of space, but it is still a compromise - it is certainly premium coach, not discount biz. The lack of thigh support is my biggest complaint. Service was okay - not much different from coach though. Coach meals, but biz blankets, pillows, and amenity kits. Probably worth roughly $300 each way over coach.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM

We booked AF premium economy on an award ticket from LAX-Florence and ended up getting a random upgrade to business for the LAX-CDG leg (not when we checked in, but as we were ready to board). This was a great thrill/surprise because we had zero loyalty to AF, and had used converted Amex points to book the tickets. I posted on Flyertalk to ask if anyone could figure out why we were upgraded and several posters said that premium economy fliers are often put in business on full flights, whether or not they are AF frequent fliers.

So, if your flight is full, it might be worth booking premium economy just for the chance to get the upgrade. Plus, we went back and looked at the Premium Economy seats and, despite the reviews, they looked WAY better than the ones on BA, and significantly more comfy than coach.

Our return flight was also business (booked as such), so we never experienced premium economy but I would definitely try it out in the future.
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 02:25 AM

FWIW, I didn't find the AF seats any more comfortable than those on BA. They are newer, but no more comfortable. The shell seats AF uses have there disadvantages, especially the lack of thigh support and padding. They also intensify the sliding feeling.
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 05:01 AM

IMO = Definitely worth it with points or if you are tall. Otherwise, only if the money differential is not an issue.

We have found the AF - PE seats to be only slightly better than coach. A bit more room, so this is important for taller passengers, but not really more comfortable. We fly United's Plus seats to South America and find them more satisfactory than those of AF.