Fear of flying classes?

Search

Fear of flying classes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fear of flying classes?

Does anyone know where to find classes to overcome a fear of flying? My father in law is wanting to take a class and we can't seem to find anyone who knows where to look. He doesn't want to take an on-line class. He's tried that and it didn't work. He wants something that will eventually lead to taking a flight. I tried calling my local airport and they had no ideas.

His fear is not something that can be subdued by drugs. He and my mother in law were supposed to leave for a cruise this past week and he couldn't get on the plane. And that was with a prescription from his doc. Luckily, they had cancellation insurance! Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 07:07 AM

Try a "google search":

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

and search on this website too. I know that near my home, at Albany NY they have classes, with various speakers, films, videos, etc., to the potential flyer knows he's gonna hear some noises, etc. and to not be concerned. The clinic/class culminates with a day trip to BWI & a visit to Inner Harbor. There's probably something near your town too.

Try calling a larger airport nearby. Good Luck
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 07:11 AM

I don't know what part of the country you are in but, Thomas Shaffer of Silver Express Flight School in Miami offers a fear of flying program. His number is 305-255-8753. Maybe he can get you started in some direction.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses and suggestions.
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 04:50 PM

Tell him this: If you flew on a flight to a place three hours away in the morning, and flew back in the evening. The average person would have to fly for over 11,000 YEARS before they would be involved in a plane crash. That's over 8 MILLION flights!
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 02:25 PM

why is it people automatically assume that fear of flight is a fear of plane crash?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:49 PM

A friend of mine who definately has the fear of flying years ago attended a class at DFW Airport. Don't know how close proximity this is to you, but you may want to check this out?
Best of luck to your F-I-L.

Francie