how does one get ff ticket??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the past I've been able to use my AA miles for the Caribbean each year. When I called to remind myself of exactly how many days out one could request ticket, I was told that AA doesn't do that anymore, the 330 days out thing or whatever. I was told that the airline kind of puts out the seats "whenever," about a year or so (or so!) in advance. I"m wondering, of course, how I go about trying to secure us tickets. Obviously I can't call every single day (or several times every single day). Help!
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM

Since you're only going to the Caribbean and won't be using any of their partners, it's possible to book a ff ticket on line. No need to call. Just check availability at www.aa.com.

It is true that SOME but no all ff tickets don't get released 330 days out. AA started to hold back some seats on very popular revenue routes, for REVENUE. If the tickets are not selling well for that particular route they do release few seats here and there just 2-3 months out. Even on flights that offer ff tickets 330 days out, AA may, at it's discretion, release more once it's closer to the flight date.

Good luck!
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM

And remember that there are sometimes no Ff seats on a particular flight, ever. Flexibility of dates, day of travel and willingness to take a less desirable itinerary (like leaving on a 6 AM flight or making a connection or 2) increases chance of success.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
J62

I have had good luck booking AA FF seats to the Caribbean out of JFK non-stop. If you are flying out of Philadelphia you'd need to connect in San Juan or Miami, or both.

Flexibility is the key, both location and dates.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. We fly out of Miami, so it's a nice, convenient flight. The trick will be securing those tickets. Last time, I was able to get the outbound fine, but could never quite get the needed return-- very frustrating.