Air Travel Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Air Travel activity »
  1. 1 AOL 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h by 24/7
  2. 2 FLY DOMESTICALLY WITH NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY??
  3. 3 Trip Report Very bad experience in AMS
  4. 4 Layover time in Los Angeles
  5. 5 LH bid for Premium Economy
  6. 6 IBERIA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
  7. 7 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
  8. 8 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
  9. 9 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
  10. 10 Changing Airlines at EWR
  11. 11 A horror story about Justfly
  12. 12 WOW bargain not so "wow"
  13. 13 AerLingus exit row
  14. 14 Global Entry application status question
  15. 15 CDG
  16. 16 Which option
  17. 17 First travel
  18. 18 Changing AA flight date
  19. 19 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
  20. 20 Scott's Cheap Flights
  21. 21 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
  22. 22 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
  23. 23 Narita or Haneda from LAX?
  24. 24 Round trip ticket - but skipping return flight
  25. 25 Flying to Montego Bay, need help with connecting flights?
View next 25 » Back to the top

Fall airfare deals...how long should one wait?

Jump to last reply

We've got a family trip (9 tickets) coming up in late September. Traveling from Denver to LA.

We're traveling on what we've researched to be one of the cheapest days of the year, and traveling on low days-- Saturday to Thursday. We're doing all we can to get these costs down, but for the past 2 months, the airfare has been at or even slightly above the cost to travel in the height of summer.

Stands to reason that this is going to come down, but with so many tickets to buy, I'm wondering if any one has thoughts on risk/reward of waiting this out.

Related question: anyone heard of a way to negotiate a volume discount?

Thanks for reading! Bigger thanks if you've got any advice.

10 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement