Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   EVA AIR ECONOMY ELITE-LOUNGE ACCESS? (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/eva-air-economy-elite-lounge-access-300184/)

Augustina Feb 7th, 2008 11:26 AM

EVA AIR ECONOMY ELITE-LOUNGE ACCESS?

I'm leaving for Indonesia in a few weeks, going on EVA Air, economy elite ticket. I recall about 8 years ago when flying economy elite, i had access to the Eva lounge at the airport. Does anyone know if this is still the case or only reserved for business and premium? does it depend on the airport? Thanks!

rkkwan Feb 7th, 2008 11:41 AM

No lounge use for Elite/Evergreen Deluxe class.

Augustina Feb 7th, 2008 12:07 PM

Darn! but thanks for the info.

Dianne47 Feb 7th, 2008 06:21 PM

If you have a Diner's Club credit card you can get EVA lounge access at the Taipei airport. Cardholder is free, companion incurs a small charge.

As an alternative, there is a "pay" lounge just down the hall from the EVA lounge. The lounges are upstairs from the main passenger waiting areas and duty-free shops.

Eva's Deluxe Economy, now renamed Elite on the 777s, is a wonderful product for the long flites to Asia. I keep my DC card (which is now co-branded with MasterCard) just to get lounge access in TPE.

Augustina Feb 8th, 2008 07:55 AM

hi Dianne,
I don't have a Diner's Club credit card...can you tell me the annual fee for the card? hmm, maybe i'll try to apply for one before my trip.
Thanks!

rkkwan Feb 8th, 2008 08:32 AM

$95 for basic US card.

Martinan Feb 8th, 2008 06:56 PM

Dianne47, how much do you pay to get into the "pay" lounge in Taipei?

We normally fly EVA and did not know of this. Having this lounge to go to will be great for the 4 hour layover back to the US from Asia.

rkkwan Feb 8th, 2008 07:42 PM

If you have a DinersClub card, you area allowed to get in to the EVA lounge for free with a EVA boarding pass. Information is on DinersClub's website. Guest costs 800NTD.

There are other lounges around the world (not that many) that have similar benefits.

In the US, they are the the Club America lounges at MIA, and NW's lounge at EWR Terminal B, which is the terminal that BR uses there.

rkkwan Feb 8th, 2008 07:43 PM

In case there's some confusion, BR = EVA.

Martinan Feb 10th, 2008 07:57 AM

Thanks Rkkwan!

On the website, it says you can pay for guests as well. So if my DH and I have a Diners card each, can we bring our 2 kids in? 1 guest for each card carrier?

rkkwan Feb 10th, 2008 08:10 AM

Martinan - I have no personal experience. I hope Dianne47 has more info on that.

bobc3333 Oct 18th, 2008 01:42 PM

Can I show my Diner's card at the Taipei International airport while traveling on an economy ticket and gain access to the EVA Air lounge?.....for free?......and take more than one guest?....and for what price for each guest?......

Also..... what other EVA Air lounges in Asia can I gain access to the lounges in the same way?.....

Thanks in advance for any update on information.....

Also..... a final question, is there a specific type of Diner's card that is needed?.....

rkkwan Oct 18th, 2008 01:47 PM

http://www.dinersclub.com/en/DCIHome...rtlounge.jhtml

Bisbee Oct 19th, 2008 10:01 PM

That's good to know about the Diner's Club MC. Otherwise, it's been a difficult card to use in Asia. I've had to argue on numerous occassions that it is a Master Card, not a Diner's Club card. Diner's Club isn't widely accepted and the clerks always get hung up when the see the DC logo.

Martinan Mar 5th, 2009 01:35 PM

Update. At the Taipei International Airport, there is a pay lounge as Dianne mentioned. It is called THE MORE LOUNGE.

We used it in December for one leg of our trip to Asia when I traveled alone with the children. It cost about $52 for the three of us. To me it was worth it as I just wanted a contained area for the kids after a long flight from Newark.