Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   EasyJet OK? (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/easyjet-ok-842350/)

skip30 May 29th, 2010 08:05 AM

EasyJet OK?

For a flight from Paris to Barcelona in Oct., I see that EasyJet has best rates and skeds. They OK? Others' experiences?

alanRow May 29th, 2010 09:44 AM

Probably the best of the Low costs airlines

Smeagol May 29th, 2010 01:21 PM

yes they are fine,(although beware they charge extra for luggage,and priority boarding)

dutyfree May 29th, 2010 05:37 PM

My two adult children flew them from Heathrow to Athens and back last month and said that they were fine-on time,clean planes,etc. The prices were great although it is a bit of a hassle with some of the extras they add on.

alanRow May 30th, 2010 07:10 AM

<<< Probably the best of the Low costs airlines >>>

In fact I would say they are probably one of the best US / European airlines.

But unlike American airlines you have to follow the rules and be prepared to pay heftily if you break them

Southam May 30th, 2010 06:04 PM

You pay for everything on easyJet except the toilets; prices rise the closer to takeoff time you buy your ticket; boarding is something of a cattle rodeo -- head for the back door of the plane in the rush for seats.

All that said: easyJet can be great value for money, and a very honest Internet site. Young cabin crews are very security-conscious, too.

For price comparisons, check out www.vueling.com which is based in Barcelona and operates in the same style. Vueling flies from Orly Airport while EasyJet uses Charles De Gaulle.

For broader budget airline searches, go to www.whichbudget.com, a clunky but very useful site.

alanRow May 31st, 2010 11:45 AM

<<< You pay for everything on easyJet except the toilets; >>>

Hand luggage is free and it's the best allowance anywhere in the world

craisin Jun 2nd, 2010 07:53 AM

I flew Easyjet a few times - no extra fees incurred if you follow the rules.

Odin Jun 4th, 2010 03:44 PM

<<My two adult children flew them from Heathrow to Athens>> Easyjet don't fly from Heathrow to anywhere. Either they flew from Gatwick on Easyjet or if they went from LHR it was another airline.

The free seating can be a pain so purchasing speedy boarding can be worth it, depending on the route.

northie Jun 6th, 2010 03:42 PM

love easy jet providing you can read -which some travellers seem unable to do!!!!

AnnRiley Jun 14th, 2010 06:43 AM

I have flown easyjet many times and as long as you follow rules (which are well laid out & not too bad) then i find them to be far superior than say Ryanair ..ugh....

I always take hand luggage and have incurred no extra fees as long as your case is the size stipulated and it is a very reasonable size. They don't go by weight either - as long as you can lift it over your head your ok.

I used to take 2 Large cases but now have done Hand luggage on my last 5 trips (including touring Colorado last year) and I still had stuff over at end that i did not wear. If you pack wisely its not a problem unless you have kids.

I have always got a good seat and have never paid for advanced boarding. One other thing is that if you book your ticket online and do online check in then you board the plane just after the advance folk anyway - last to board are always people who check in at the airport.