Different name on passport than on ticket

Dec 18th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Different name on passport than on ticket

Ié been through over 200 posts and can't find the original, but I promised I'd report on what happened with my husband's ticket having a name different from his passport. The answer: nothing. The TSA didn't care and the airlines didn't care that his ticket carried his middle name as his first name instead of the reverse.
Dec 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM

Here is your original thread on this:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...6&tid=35129934

Deb
Dec 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM

Interesting. When we went to the Bahamas a few eyars agoe (before the passport requriement), our ticket agent almost denied boarding to my sister in law because her name was different on her birth certificate than on her drivers license! She didn't have a passport at the time.
And she had to get her husband, who was travelling with us, to actually fill out a paper and get it notarized by someone in the airport, that he had married her and she had taken his name. Hard to beleive-but this REALLY happened!
Dec 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM

told ya so ;-)
Dec 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM

Changing your name (i.e., married names) is a different circumstance than just not including you middle name on your airline ticket when it is on your passport - which was the scenario originally asked about here.
Dec 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Our situation was just a bit different: my husband's official name is Marcellus Claudius Caesar, but he always uses Claudius Marcellus. So the MCC is on his passport, but his frequent-flier name is Claudius Marcellus, and that's what was on his ticket. Didn't make no mind.

BTW, our passports were stamped on entry and exit both in Britain and in France.

Search this Thread