Air Travel Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Air Travel activity »
  1. 1 http://www.malemuscleshop.com/neuro-max/
  2. 2 Delta JFK connection 1H40M from Inter'l to Domestic. Do-able?
  3. 3 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
  4. 4 Trip Report Very bad experience in AMS
  5. 5 FLY DOMESTICALLY WITH NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY??
  6. 6 OK to Book via United's U.K. site--& What Happened to 1-Way Bookings?
  7. 7 Is $746.00 a good deal to Europe Round-Trip?
  8. 8 Layover time in Los Angeles
  9. 9 LH bid for Premium Economy
  10. 10 IBERIA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
  11. 11 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
  12. 12 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
  13. 13 Changing Airlines at EWR
  14. 14 A horror story about Justfly
  15. 15 WOW bargain not so "wow"
  16. 16 AerLingus exit row
  17. 17 Global Entry application status question
  18. 18 CDG
  19. 19 Which option
  20. 20 First travel
  21. 21 Changing AA flight date
  22. 22 Advice - Want to sue Lufthansa
  23. 23 Scott's Cheap Flights
  24. 24 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
  25. 25 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
View next 25 » Back to the top

Crystal ball time - when to buy tix to Uganda for 6/2013

I know, I know -- there's no way to tell. But if anyone has an instinct will you please share? It will be from PHL-EBB. Dates are flexible in June (or could be July if air would be cheaper but I think if anything it will be higher).

I want to wait to book a safari until after I have air reservations just on the chance that there's a big difference in price from one day or one week to the next. I would hate to lock in safari dates first and then work around them in case of that. BUT on the flip side I want to book the safari as soon as possible because of a limited number of gorilla permits being available on any given day.

So I'm not sure if the answer is book the land portion now and then wait, say, 90 days after flights are released for next June and then buy air -- knowing those are definite dates no matter what flights/prices are available. Or if it's pretty much a good guess that whatever price they first come out at they will not dip much lower I'd go ahead and reserve flights asap to avoid worries about not getting the flights I want, etc.

Reading back over that it's very confusing, sorry! I just don't want to be a sucker and buy our tix the first day they come out if historically they dip a good bit. But at the same time I can't afford to not get there and that destination is limited with the number of flights/seats so maybe if they start selling the price will only go up and I need to just go ahead and bite the bullet.

So if anyone has any inkling I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts. Or if I'm on my own on this I understand and I'll just flip a coin!

No Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement