Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Continental lounge pass questions (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/continental-lounge-pass-questions-787950/)

P_M Jun 3rd, 2009 07:50 AM

Continental lounge pass questions

CO sent me a few passes for the lounge. I am flying AUS/IAH/MSP/CDG/OTP and this is an award ticket thru CO. (Not a great schedule but it was all I could get for an award ticket.) The only segments on CO will be AUS/IAH. The IAH/MSP/CDG segments will be on NW/Delta respectively, then CDG/OTP is on Air France.

I hope the above makes sense, now let's get to my question: Since most of my flights will not be on CO, where can I use the lounge passes? I assume I can use it in Houston since I booked this ticket thru CO. But what about MSP or CDG?

Thanks.

rkkwan Jun 3rd, 2009 09:33 AM

Depends on the type of pass. Chances are what you get are only allowed in CO's own President's Club, and not partner lounges.

P_M Jun 3rd, 2009 10:33 AM

OK then, I'll have to make the most of my time in Houston. Will I get a free drink? It will be early in the day but hey, I'm on vacation and I could go for a mimosa. :-D

yk Jun 3rd, 2009 11:44 AM

Does the Houston President's club have policies regarding what time they can start serving alcohol? I know the AA Admiral's club in boston doesn't serve alcohol early in the AM.

rkkwan Jun 3rd, 2009 12:54 PM

P_M: Yes, you can get free drinks. They also have premium wine for a charge, but regular drinks are free.

yk: I don't remember as I've never wanted a drink in the morning. But I <b>think</b> they do start before noon.

Seamus Jun 3rd, 2009 01:15 PM

P-M - yep, they will have a mimosa with your name on it.

P_M Jun 3rd, 2009 02:40 PM

YAY!! ((d))

yk Jun 3rd, 2009 06:48 PM

P.S. P_M, you go to the most fascinating places! Peru last year, Romania this year! I'm jealous. Have a great time.

dfr4848 Jun 4th, 2009 04:18 AM

P_M

I've gotten bloody marys before noon (yea, it was vacation too).

Looks like you've got more of a round-the-world ticket with that itinerary! Reminds me of what DL gave us when I used the last of my miles on them to London: IAH-CVG-ATL-BRU-STN. Brutal. And we watched the nonstop out of ATL to LGW take off less than full!!! Not a happy camper, but it was free.

P_M Jun 4th, 2009 04:38 AM

Thanks yk, I think it will be a cool trip.

dfr, mine is a crazy itinerary but you win, yours was much more nuts!! I'm flying with 4 different airlines in the same day, this is a record for me. And of course just a few days after I booked this a better schedule opened up for FF travel. I called CO and they wanted to charge me $150 to change it. I was tempted but in the end I decided to consider this an adventure and save the $150 for my next trip. So I will have a fun day hopping around the world on my way to Romania. :-p

wally34949 Jun 4th, 2009 05:22 AM

Just remember, it's 5:00 p.m. somewhere!

JaneB Jun 4th, 2009 05:28 AM

P_M, we used our CO lounge passes in March in LHR--and we flew on American/BA airlines. I think CO must have a new lounge at IAH now because the one on their lounge list now is different from the one we stayed at. I emailed them in advance to see if I could use it with our passes and they emailed back to say we could.
The current CO lounge list shows an Air France/SkyTeam lounge at CDG. Email them to be sure but I bet that you can use the passes. The lounges sure make the waiting time easier!!! :) Good Luck.

JaneB Jun 4th, 2009 06:32 AM

I meant "new lounge at LHR" -- not IAH. Sorry.

P_M Jun 4th, 2009 07:10 AM

Thanks Jane, I'll check into that. My time at CDG is short so if all goes on schedule I won't have time for the lounge. But in the very likely event I should miss my connection, it would be good to have lounge access while wating a few hours for the next flight. As rkkwan knows, my luck with certain travel situations isn't always good. ;-)

BeachGirl247 Jun 4th, 2009 02:14 PM

P_M, are you taking only a carry-on I hope? Four airlines in one day. You are one adventurous traveler!

Have a great trip!

yk Jun 4th, 2009 02:21 PM

Uh_oh, P_M, aren't you THE unluckiest person here when it comes to flights??? :-o I hope you've been praying to the airline gods.

P_M Jun 4th, 2009 03:04 PM

BeachGirl, having had delayed luggage on 8 seperate occasions you bet I have a carry on bag with at least 2 days worth of clothing. Some people are unlucky in love, I'm unlucky in luggage. I truly do not expect my bag to ever be there when I reach my destination. On the rare occasions my bag and I do travel on the same flight, it's always a nice surprise and a happy reunion when my bag appears on the carousel.

yk, yes I'm the jinx with whom rkkwan refuses to fly. He's such a silly man. Just because I've had 8 incidents of delayed luggage and 3 emergency landings does NOT mean it's bad to fly with me. [(