Preboarding on SWA???

Search

Preboarding on SWA???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preboarding on SWA???

I will be travelling on SWA with a 2 year old for the holidays and I will be 5 months pregnant. Their website says that they offer preboarding, but every other airline I have flown recently does not, so I guess I am just worried about getting on the plane with kid, carseat, etc and then not being able to find seats together. Any information on flying SWA is greatly appreciated as I have never flown them.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 06:50 AM

On the flights I have been on with them, they always had pre-boarding. I recommend that you call them, tell them your flight information - and make sure that will apply. The reason I say that is every airline I fly (and I tend to fly them all, unfortunately) offers pre-boarding, but it's not consistent how it's handled....
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 07:23 AM

I've never been on a Southwest flight that didn't pre-board families with children 4 and under; I think they do pre-board handicap/requiring assistance first, but you should be pre-boarded before the first "A" group is called, UNLESS you're late in making connections and they're already boarding when you get to the gate.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 08:49 AM

If you are not connecting it will be fine,just be at the airport early and let the gate agent be aware of your situation before boarding. If you are connecting it is a different story since SWA does not give you boarding passes for your connencting flight. You will have to check in again at the gate counter and if the plane is already boarding, you will be out of luck.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 09:27 PM

SWA *does* sometimes suspend preboarding for little kids on routes where every 3rd passenger is a little kid; MDW <> MCO comes to mind.

However, if you are using a carseat on the plane, you will still be allowed to preboard even if children's preboarding is generally suspended for that flight; this is because there are restrictions on where carseats may be used, so they have to insure that you are on board early enough to get a legal spot for it.