Connectiing in CDG good or bad?

Old Mar 28th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connectiing in CDG good or bad?

Would a 4 hour lahover be ok to connect in cdg?

It would be coming from vce connecting in cdg then goong to mia and theres a 4 hour layover

I always hear people tryi g to aboid connections on cdg but i dont know why?
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 10:43 PM

Four hours should be ok. I did my one and only CDG transfer last November and had about 1.5 hours. It was a squeaker. No time for using the lounge or shopping in duty free.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

Why do people dislike connecting there?
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:00 AM

A lot depends on what airlines you are connecting from/to. If within an alliance you are generally ok, not counting arrival delays, of course.

It's not well liked because there are 8 or 9 terminals, with confusing nonintuitive names which are spread out over a huge area. Walks can be long, as can bus rides for the even longer connections.

You are connecting between AF and AZ IIR so the terminal puzzle will be on the easier side of the scale. They both are in Terminal 2, at one or the other of the sub-terminals (also referred to as Terminals). AZ is generally in 2C while AF can be anywhere in 2. Just ask for directions when you arrive, there always seems to be plenty of English speaking staff around for guidance. You will have NO problem with anything over 2 hours. Less than that is still quite possible but you need to hustle.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 09:56 AM

CdG is a sprawling complex of terminals and serves so many airlines that moving from one airline to another can take a fair amount of time. It's nothing to sit on an airplane for 15 or 20 minutes while it taxis from runway to terminal, for instance. But CdG is big because so many people use it, and so can you. The aeroport website has plenty of information, including maps you can print out: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/Home/
Once you're off the first flight be sure to check the TV screens for your next departure gate since they are subject to change. Ask for help if time grows short. And don't even look in the window of a duty-free shop until you are in the vicinity of your departure lounge (which, these days, may have its own security check.) Many airlines now expect you to be in your seat on the plane at least a half hour before the stated departure time. But the odds are good you should have a comfortable experience.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 10:34 PM

We have not had trouble connecting at CDG but we are always on one airline or if two the other is a codeshare partner which makes the change much easier. We have had less than 1-1/2 hrs. but would try for longer if possible, so think 4 hours is more than enough.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 11:44 PM

I was on code share flights with Star Alliance. My problem wasn't distance as the arrival and departure gates were very close. My problem was with two very SLOW lines! One for immigration, where one poor agent was trying to handle the load, and then security with only one open conveyor. Poor planning at CDG.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you im still trying to decide which flight to book im leaning more towards the non stop flight roundtrip with af and az so convientant to just go direct but everytime i look up alitalia i read bad reviews about the airline and it concerns me then again i am a worry wart maybe im worrying too much
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 09:55 AM
P_M

I've made many connections at CDG and I don't think it's as bad as it's reputation. Four hours is much more than enough time, in fact I've done it with far less time.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 07:58 AM

Its not bad, Four hours is much more than enough time, In fact it is good.