Changing Tickets at Hawaiian

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of months ago, I purchased interisland tickets from Hawaiian for $78 one way. Now I noticed that the price has dropped to $39. I called them and was told that they could not change my tickets to take advantage of the lower price. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM

I dont know of a law that requires airlines to give you "credit".Some will reissue the ticket,refund you the difference to your credit card.Others will charge a fee, then give you a voucher for the difference.And there are those who will do nothing, as you have just found out.America West wont do it either.Thats one reason you wont find me on one oftheir flights.Sorry I cant be of more assistance.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 03:06 PM

When you buy the ticket, remember the part where it reads non-refundable? Why would anyone expect a refund on a ticket that was bought on the condition that it was non-refundable?
8-)
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 07:18 AM

jamaltay....Yes, the ticket remains non refundable.But I interpret what the OP is referring to is some airlines will let you have the ticket reissued, as long as no changes in the itinerary have been made, if the fare goes down.For example....last year I bought a ticket from LA to Hawaii for 850.00...Before I left on the trip, the fare went down to $600.American allowed me to have the ticket reissued without a fee and I was given a voucher for the difference in the fare, $250.00.Not every airline will do that, asd the OP has discovered that Hawaiian Air is one of them.It doesnt allow you to turn the ticket in for a complete refund.As I quoted, America West will never allow this practice.Some airlines will let you do it if you pay the appropriate change fee attached to the rules of the original fare you paid.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:57 AM

united allows you to reissue at the lower price. the difference in price is given as a airline credit though- not very useful if it's only a few dollars difference in fares.