Car/taxi service at DFW?

Dec 2nd, 2014, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Car/taxi service at DFW?

Would like a recommendation for pickup at DFW to Frisco. I see many taxi services listed at the airport and have no idea. Are cabs readily available?
Dec 2nd, 2014, 07:41 AM

We just had a family gathering in Dallas, with three parties coming in on different flights.

All of us had the same experience: cabs were readily available.

Drivers, though, milked the system (over $55 dollars before tip for very short distance; drove slowly; had little knowledge of closed roads).

All of us arrived at the hotel disgusted.

My other two parties ended up arranging Uber for the way back (as you may or may not know, you can't get Uber FROM the airport but you can get service TO the airport).

Because I had an aged mother in tow, we started relying on towncar service through the Fairmont Hotel, where we were staying, to get us to our appointed rounds. My husband said, "These guys are going to take care of Grandma. We are booking this."

The rate to get my mother to the airport was the same as our taxi ride in.

So while my husband and I considered Uber for the way back, we ended up (and we are FRUGAL) using the hotel towncar again.
Dec 2nd, 2014, 08:19 AM

Yes, there are plenty of taxis at the airport.

We, however, always use a car service - it's more costly but we prefer the personalized service. We've been using a company called Silver West for the last 5 or 6 years - they are very reliable - www.silverwestlimo.com
Dec 3rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Well, thankfully a family member has arranged to pick us up after all. Silver West is $173.10! I believe a taxi would run around $50-60 plus tip.

Thank you AlessandraZoe and RoamsAround for your input.

Search this Thread