Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Can you reserve seats in advance on Alitalia?

Oct 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

DH and I are flying from JFK to Rome next month on Alitalia, flying coach. I want to reserve seats in advance but there does not seem to be a way to do this on their website. Is this possible?
Oct 28th, 2010, 04:52 AM

Of course you can. It's an airline! Once you've searched for your flights, click on "Continue" to move into the booking site.

Start at http://alitalia.com/US_EN/home/index.aspx
Oct 28th, 2010, 08:07 AM

The OP is talking about seat assignments.
Oct 28th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

There does not seem to be any way to reserve seats if the tickets have already been booked.
Oct 29th, 2010, 12:36 AM

My apologies, I misread the request. It does seem strange that you can't book seats, maybe give them a call on a local number and see if you can do it online in some "hidden" way or I would think that Alitalia could do it for you..
Oct 29th, 2010, 04:28 AM

I had two AZ flights earlier in the month. One booked via Delta.com and no problem selecting seats on that website. The second booked on the AZ site and was not able to select seats (although I may have been able if I was a member of their FF).
Oct 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Just flew Alitalia to Rome two weeks ago from Chicago. As an international flight attendant with a US airline I was appalled! They served dinner and then we never saw them until breakfast almost 7 1/2 hours later.No walking through,no water service(we walk thorough every half hour with trays of water),no nothing.When I went to the back of the plane and asked for water I was told to get it myself.
Seat cushions had no stuffing left in them;planes filthy and staff incredibly surly.I NEVER really get to sit down on an international flight so was totally surprised with this service! Good luck-
Nov 1st, 2010, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

I was able to get seats by calling Alitalia. From the descriptions of the service and flights, I think I'll have a few drinks and take some Ambien and sleep through it.
Nov 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM

dutyfree, hopefully you'll see this...what type of plane was it that you flew on?