Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/business-class-discounted-brokers-fly-with-class-com-1010762/)

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 12:39 PM

Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com

Has anyone ever used this company? I am getting a good rate and can't find any fault about them but just want to know if anyone has had business with them. Thanks!

NoFlyZone Apr 7th, 2014 12:52 PM

class.com is online high school courses.

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 01:46 PM

It's flywithclass.com

Gardyloo Apr 7th, 2014 02:09 PM

Be careful; some of these outfits are in the business of buying frequent flyer miles from people and using them for "discount" business-class flights sold to customers. If the airlines get wind of this (and they are getting very good at it) not only is the ticket canceled, but the seller's FF account is closed and the miles forfeited.

Getting "70% off" published business class fares isn't hard. You can buy an AA "I" fare (discount business) for JFK-LHR round trip in late May for $3833 plus taxes; a "J" fare, also business class with no restrictions, same seat, same plane, same days is $14,812. There, I've saved you 74%.

Ask them for the fare class and rules, and if you'll earn FF miles for the ticket. If they say you won't, watch out.

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 02:14 PM

OK. The ticket is a few hundred more on Expedia and I get the miles too.
Thank you.

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 02:28 PM

oops. I meant priceline.

Gardyloo Apr 7th, 2014 02:40 PM

Check directly with the first airline.

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 02:44 PM

I called UAL actually and asked for biz class with restrictions and they are sky high. Cheapest for two ORD-NRT was over 13k.

Gardyloo Apr 7th, 2014 03:00 PM

Oh good grief, what are your dates, how many traveling?

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 03:10 PM

2 pax. 9/6 to 9/19.

Gardyloo Apr 7th, 2014 03:26 PM

You can save several hundred bucks per ticket or more if you could leave a day or two earlier, or around $1500 per ticket (all in) flying into Seoul and then buying a separate ticket from ICN back to Tokyo. It would take more time, obviously.

jacketwatch Apr 7th, 2014 03:42 PM

What route and airline please.
Thanks!

Gardyloo Apr 7th, 2014 07:20 PM

ORD-ICN-ORD - Look at United leaving on the 4th (weekdays are $500 cheaper) and returning on the 18th (same story).

ICN-TYO-ICN - Look at JAL, Korean, Asiana; don't forget the international date line, and give yourselves plenty of leeway on connections if on two separate tickets.

You can do this all on Expedia or Orbitz.

jacketwatch Apr 8th, 2014 01:25 AM

Thanks, I will.

MissGreen Apr 8th, 2014 02:21 AM

If it's cheap there is a reason for it.

jacketwatch Apr 8th, 2014 08:15 AM

Actually I checked Gardyloo's suggested dates and I think we can go early, see some of Tokyo which we planned to do post cruise but do it early and save on the airfare by flying on a date thats less expensive and we can use priceline or expecia and still get the miles as well.

Thaks for the help! Larry. :-)

BTW Gardyloo I wonder how many people know what your user id means. :S-

Seamus Apr 8th, 2014 11:31 AM

<<<i>BTW Gardyloo I wonder how many people know what your user id means.</i>>>
Why do you think we duck and cover whenever we hear his name?

janisj Apr 8th, 2014 11:34 AM

:D

Seamus Apr 8th, 2014 06:49 PM

<<<i>...we can use priceline or expecia and still get the miles as well.</i>>>

jacketwatch - if you use Priceline you will not get FF miles. Unless there is a big savings, you're just as well off booking directly with the airline.

Gardyloo Apr 8th, 2014 07:03 PM

<i>jacketwatch - if you use Priceline you will not get FF miles.</i>

Not necessarily. PL is now also a vanilla online travel agency like Expedia or Orbitz, as well as a place where you can bid on hotel rooms etc. You ought to be able to get FF miles for tickets purchased in the "conventional" manner, although I would always book directly with the airline if possible.

The "name your own price" bidding feature for airlines on Priceline has never included premium cabin travel.