Reload this Page >

British Airways delayed my flight and I'm going to miss one connection

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

British Airways sent me a message today telling me my flight has been delayed (more than 6 hours than the previous time), This delay is going to make me miss a connection, what should I do? Can they rebook me in the next connection flight( by BA too)?

Thank you!
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you mean a future flight time has been changed to a later time? Yes, of course they can fix it for you. Call them and tell them what you need. You don't have to accept changes in silence. If the later flight is booked on the same reservation, I'm surprised they didn't change that one at the same time. Call.
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 01:09 AM

1) Check your booking, they may have fixed your onward flight already
2) If not, are you on one ticket or two for the trip?
3) If one ticket then do some research on alternative flights both with BA and with their partners (even if the routing is different) before contacting BA
4) If two tickets then you are on your own.
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 01:24 AM

If they fixed the onward flight already, then BA should have sent an email confirmation with the new details. A flight delay of 6 hours sounds either like the original flight was cancelled, or that the OP might already be en route or shortly will commence their journey.
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 02:44 AM

When this happened to me to me a couple of years ago BA notified me but did not automatically book a alternate onward flight, although I was on one ticket. When I called they said I could be put on the next flight but it couldn't be done over the phone, only when I arrived at the airport. Didn't make sense to me and it meant getting to the airport early rather than waiting around worrying about firming up the booking, but we did get a connection that got us to our destination with minimal layover time.

This booking was made with Expedia, which was less responsive than BA, so it that might be why BA didn't automatically rebook for us. Lesson learned: always book with the airline.