British Airways - best seats

Aug 27th, 2002, 10:13 AM
British Airways - best seats

I have flown on BA long distance a few times in the last 4 years on 747-400 - and have found the 3 rows at the back - where they have 2 seats per row rather than 3 a lot better - when two of you - lot more room.

I tried to pre-book them for a flight I am making in November - the girl on the phone claimed they were already gone - I did not belive this - so I called again - got someone else who says they could not be pre-booked!! Why?!? Anyone have any ideas.
Aug 27th, 2002, 10:50 AM
They are being held for their elite frequent flyer members. If they are not reserved you could claim them on the day of departure, if you are the first one at check-in.
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:33 AM
I just flew on BA flight 116 from NY LHR the seats were so small it waas crazy! I am 5 foot 3 115lb and was squished. I camt imagine if you were a normal weight. I do not remember them being that small.
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:56 AM
BA stands for back ache from those awful seats.
I flew once from Seattle London on their non stop. Once was enough.

I then flew the SAS non stop to Copenhagen and transfer to London.

I will gladly trade the BA shorter direct Seattle to London non stop for the longer SAS non stop to Copenhagen with transfewr to London.

Reason...more comfortable seats and superior service. Besides I get a chance to stroll that very nice Copenhagen airport between flights.

If you like being as close as possible to other passengers, if you like your knees poking the seat in front of you, if you like to spend money on chiropractors...then BA is the airline for you.

Search this Thread