Boston - Frankfurt leaves at 4:30 PM - what do they feed you when

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using miles managed to get Business class seats - not something I am accustomed to. I get it if flight leaves late in evening - they give you dinner and breakfast. But wondering what they do on a flight of this length leaving in late afternoon. I can't figure it out since they talk of short, medium and long haul flights - and not sure if Boston-Frankfurt is medium or long.
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM

long and short haul for meals usually refers to domestic..if you look up your rez on the web it should say when you look at the actual itinerary....but i would expect a meal upon departure and alight breakfast before arrival.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM

It'll be the same long-haul international business class dinner whether it is a 430p or 1030p departure.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM

It really really helps if you say which airline you're flying on.

They are all different, both in food and beverage.

Check your seats out on www.seatguru.com and see if that's where you want to sit.

On a 2-2-2, for example, I like to sit in the middle 2 seats, as it is further away from engine noise.

AA, for example, will give Biz class passengers Bose noise cancelling headphones. Not sure what other airlines do.

It's generally dinner AND breakfast.
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - thought I put airline, but did not - Lufthansa. Was just wondering if since it was such an early departure for trans-Atlantic if they still fed you 2 meals.
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM

As the flight from Boston is one of the shortest to FRA, you can expect the cabin crew to offer you dinner very quickly after departure. So that those who want to make the most of the short night can go to sleep asap.

You can get an optional breakfast "to go" in a bag, i.e. they let you sleep through the breakfast service which starts usually 1hr before landing. And won't wake you up until appr. 20min before landing at FRA.
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:28 AM

.. one of the shortest flights from North America, I wanted to say.
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM

I've taken this flight many times, and it's treated like any other LH trans-Atlantic flight. I've never noticed dinner to be served any more quickly on this flight than on either of LH's other 2 flights from Boston, which leave around 8 and 10.

You should also be aware that LH typically doesn't serve the beef-or-chicken-or-fish that you'd expect on U.S. airlines -- the menu will have more typically German dishes, often including pork or lamb.

If you are ending your trip in Frankfurt, or if you have plenty of time (at least 90 minutes) to connect, you can take advantage of the arrivals lounge in Frankfurt for a nice breakfast and a shower. The arrivals lounge is outside the baggage claim area, so depending on where you're headed, you may have to re-clear security and passport control. (Not a big deal at Frankfurt, especially as you can use the priority line for business class.) The arrivals lounge is a lot nicer and quieter than the regular business class lounges at FRA.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. We have a couple of hours in FRA each way (connecting to Venice and on way back connecting from Milan). Have been unable to access info on Lufthansa website since it does not recognize our USAir confirmation code (booked with USAir miles - and it shows up on their website)
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:38 AM

A link to Lufthansa's Biz class.

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lufth...ng-haul-routes