Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page > Better business class seats? KLM Airbus 330 v. Delta Boeing 767.

Better business class seats? KLM Airbus 330 v. Delta Boeing 767.

Dec 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Better business class seats? KLM Airbus 330 v. Delta Boeing 767.

I am starting this new thread to ask a question I started in the middle of another thread.

My family is booked in business class on an overnight flight (Christmas Eve) from Atlanta to Amsterdam on Delta. The aircraft is a Boeing 767. I can change our flight to a KLM Airbus 330, leaving at the same time. Should I do it?

I know the difference in seats -- recliner style v. angled lie flat. Our goal of course is to sleep, because we quickly connect in Amsterdam to a flight to Tanzania. So I thought that the angled lie flat seat would be better, even though it is not true lie flat.

Any thoughts from those more experienced? I understand that some people actually prefer the recliner style to angled lie flat, but don't the lie flat seats have an intermediate recliner position, so that you could simply not flatten out the seat all the way if you didn't want to?

Besides the seats, anything else to consider? On-time performance, chance of cancellation, etc.
Dec 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM

I just saw this on FT http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768588

Could be a problem for upcoming A332 flights on KL.

Also read the recent posts in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695692
Dec 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

OK, that answers that. I'm staying off KLM as much as I can. That thread on FlyerTalk is just plain scary. How does that airline keep any business at all?

I actually learned a valuable lesson from reading that thread. It appears safer to fly an airline OUT of its hub, so that if something goes wrong, they have a greater ability to fix the problem, substitute a new plane, get you on another flight, etc. So I will stay just as I am and sleep better over the next week, because on this trip I am flying DFW-ATL and ATL-AMS on Delta, AMS-JRO on KLM, NBO-CDG on Kenya Airways, CDG-IAH on Air France, and IAH-DFW on Continental -- almost every single flight is on an airline LEAVING from its hub!

Patty, as always you are an amazing wealth of information. I hope I can repay some of your help when I get back from my trip.

Van

Search this Thread